SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-04-05, 10:08 AM   #1
Keitht

Default FI problem on SK3 - help!!!

Hi,

I fitted an ermax undertray to my SK3 650 at the weekend - looks fantastic, much better than the OEM snow shovel. However, I seem to have knackered the FI by doing this - I now get the FI light and FI on the dash flashing when the ignition is on and it won't start.

I disconnected the battery to fit the undertray but none of the other wires. I've checked all of them again and nothing is obviously disconnected.

Any ideas - could I have caused a power spike beacuse of the LED indicators (fitted resistors to replace the 21W bulb) that fried the ECU?

Keith
Old 18-04-05, 10:19 AM   #2
Flamin_Squirrel

I'm not sure how the K3 differs to the K4 in this respect, but my first thought is the tip over position sensor. When removing the under tray, did you move a small black box (about the size of a couple of ciggie lighters stuck together) with some wires attached to it?
Old 18-04-05, 10:21 AM   #3
BillyC
Mega Poster

Keith,

sounds like you might have dislodged a wire or something in the back when you cut the battery box. I think it'd probably be worth getting the seats off again and have a good look, and make sure everything's secure.
Old 18-04-05, 10:33 AM   #4
Flamin_Squirrel

If you don't think it is the tip over sensor, you can find out exactly what the problem is by putting the bike into dealer mode. You can see how to do this here.

The clocks will give you an error code starting 'c' in the bottom right where the temperature is normaly show.
Old 18-04-05, 11:04 AM   #5
Keitht

Excellent - thanks for the dealer mode tip flamin squirrel - I'll check that out tonight. I've got the workshop manual so can find out what the cXX code means.

I've moved all the sensors that were in the old undertray - there is one that says "UP" on it with an arrow so guess this is the tip-over sensor. I've moved that so "up" is pointing up but no joy.

Thanks for quick replies - much appreciated.
Old 18-04-05, 11:19 AM   #6
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitht
Excellent - thanks for the dealer mode tip flamin squirrel - I'll check that out tonight. I've got the workshop manual so can find out what the cXX code means.

I've moved all the sensors that were in the old undertray - there is one that says "UP" on it with an arrow so guess this is the tip-over sensor. I've moved that so "up" is pointing up but no joy.

Thanks for quick replies - much appreciated.
Yep, that's the sensor, so I guess it's something else. Never mind, you'll know for sure later.
Old 18-04-05, 06:40 PM   #7
SV-Sexy-virgin?

silly wuestion have u checked all the fuses i did this once snipping wires and shorted a fuse ( or 6) have a look at all the fuses in the box have a look in the alarm (if uv got one) box check no wires are chaifing

Gricey
Old 19-04-05, 03:49 PM   #8
Keitht

Hi guys,

Thanks for the help - turned out to be the tip over sensor. Hadn't noticed it when putting back on the rear unit and it was hanging down underneath the bike

Put it back in it's place and problem fixed.
Old 19-04-05, 03:56 PM   #9
Flamin_Squirrel

\/