SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-10-06, 02:09 PM   #1
stewie

Default Diesel spills

Hi all
as a trucker with 29 yrs road experience and a biker as well I wondered who other bikers feel is responsible for the diesel spills on the roads. Personally I think our local land and water polluters otherwise known as farmers have more to answer than the average trucker. What do you think?
Old 09-10-06, 02:37 PM   #2
falc

Hopefully an admin/mod will moove this to balk talk and issues as your in idle banter and may not get a big reply.

Welcome to the site also.

I think a vast majority of types are responsible for diesel spills
Old 09-10-06, 02:45 PM   #3
Stingo

I would have the thought that the location of the spill would, in part, give a clue as to responsibility. I.E. Out in the sticks, probably a farmer. urban area - probably a lorry/similar. I don't know if it's really relevant from which part of society the culprit comes from - the important bit is 'it's happened' so it has to be managed.
Old 09-10-06, 02:54 PM   #4
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Farmers / Truckers... I dont really care.. if you spill Diesel on the road because you havent secured the fuel cap of your tank properly or have overfilled it. Then doesnt matter what you drive your an ar*ehole.

I realise that not every trucker / tractor driver spills Diesel, its just really irritating it doesnt take much to avoid the diesel spill in the first place.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-06, 03:15 PM   #5
Mogs

I've seen fuel spewing out from a truck and from a car (not sure if it was diesel).

It's not you drive a truck thus you spill, more like, you spill thus you are irresponsible.
Old 09-10-06, 08:41 PM   #6
suicidesam

Over filled tanks seem to be the most common for spills.. Gave a guy in a Discovery a right earfull at the local garage, over filling his tank to the extent of fuel running away from the jeep from under the back wheels