SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-03-07, 09:26 PM   #1
Tzindo

Default Upper fairing cracked

Hello,

This may not be the right section of the forrum to put this plea in however here goes, I have a 2002 SV650S Yellow and it was knocked over in a bike space at work and landed on the rhs indicator. Indicator is fine a bit scuffed, but the fairing now has a small crack where the indicator is mounted. Is there a company / source that anyone knows of that can supply a rhs yellow fairing, appart from suzuki themselves (am assuming huge cost for genuine article). The damage is cosmetic and all works, but I have spent a lot of time fettling the bike and want it at its best.

Any good suppliers I should look to ?

If this is the wrong section then please move to right section.
Old 03-03-07, 09:29 PM   #2
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Default Re: Upper fairing cracked

Bugger !

Check price from Suzuki first. You might be surprised(or not)

Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-07, 09:30 PM   #3
kwak zzr

try here-
http://www.svspares.com/items/47-1_2...de-section.htm
Old 03-03-07, 10:35 PM   #4
Tzindo

thanks kwak - that breakers looks good £75 for an A1 condition bit. I'll also check out the dealer, you never know - I was thinking much more.

Any more suppliers out there?
Old 04-03-07, 12:53 AM   #5
Heed

Last time I checked they were £112 from Suzuki. I'm currently up lacquering my RHS yellow fairing panel after a day prepping and painting it.
Old 04-03-07, 10:02 AM   #6
kwak zzr

i paid a small fortune to have my nose fairing respray'd together with the cost of the fairing itself i'd have prob been better off buying new.
Old 04-03-07, 03:43 PM   #7
Tzindo

Thanks Heed - phone call to dealer Monday 112 is bad - but not so bad.
Old 04-03-07, 03:49 PM   #8
Banus

I wish I had a quid for each fairing i'd seen cracked around th indicator ! Took mine to The Plastic Surgery in Malvern who quoted nearly a ton to repair and repaint - stickers extra - cheers.
Decided to have a look on e bay and came across a minter for £25 - result ! It arrived and didn't even look as if it had been on a bike - perfect match etc - bide your time if you can and save a fortune

Last edited by Banus; 04-03-07 at 03:50 PM. Reason: text
Old 07-03-07, 06:04 PM   #9
grecian9

you can glass fibre it on the inside yourself. Kits available from car parts shops. Won't be perfect but will tide you over til you find a cheap replacement. Mine has just been done for the second time so it's not so neat but first time was fairly neat. With some careful touch up work it can look ok.
Old 07-03-07, 10:34 PM   #10
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecian9 View Post
you can glass fibre it on the inside yourself. Kits available from car parts shops. Won't be perfect but will tide you over til you find a cheap replacement. Mine has just been done for the second time so it's not so neat but first time was fairly neat. With some careful touch up work it can look ok.
Seconded. I fixed my cracked bellypan like so, the kit cost about £9 and I've got loads left over.