SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-11-07, 01:14 PM   #1
Captain Nemo

Default laptop no sound device

had to flatten my laptop as it was pants,

reinstalled windows xp again (in built) and it was fine for a while, started to act up again, , hanging and not exiting windows properly, so flattened it again , now its back up and seems fine, but everytime i try to run creative or windows media it fails as it say "no sound device" blah blah, its an inbuilt sound device, , ive tried the "soft" foramat that just reloads windows and drivers, that didnt work, so i did a full reset again and its still te same, so ive got no sound.

all i generally use the home lap top for is its driving me mad,

if i cant sort it its out of the window come sunday.
Old 02-11-07, 01:24 PM   #2
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Default Re: laptop no sound device

Have you checked the device manager to see if the audio drivers have been installed? If not you need to go to the makers website of the laptop and download the drivers.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 01:41 PM   #3
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Did you get (and more importantly... have you still got?!) the drivers CD that came with it?

What kind of Laptop is it?

Oh, and make sure you check the daft things too - i.e it's not just muted / volume turned down etc.

My money would be on it needing the Audio Drivers reinstalled, which shouldn't really be a big job. You can even get windows to try doing it automatically for you.

Go into Device Manager (Right-Click on My Computer-Properties-Hardware Tab), if there are any Yellow Question Marks in the list, then you've got some drivers missing. If so, right click onto the item(s) in question and hit Update Driver, and let Windows Automatically search for the correct one (Including letting it search the Internet for it).

Good luck!

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 08:55 PM   #4
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Download driver detective and run it. It will tell you exactly what drivers are faulty, not loaded or out of date. Then you just need to search for the relevant driver and install it.

Helped me get my laptop up and running again after it got frazzled by a storm (soundcard still doesn't work but everything else that messed up is working again!).

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-07, 11:30 AM   #5
Captain Nemo

checked the device manager and stuff, it doesnt even show a sound device there .let alone missing drivers, , i think its an advent 7028 or something, its basically a medion machine, ill have a look at medions site and try and find them, also ill look at that driver detective, , dont know how to find the drivers though really, as i cant see what sound device is installed to get them, its inbuilt adiou so will that be on the motherboard?, if i download new drivers for the board will that help??
Old 05-11-07, 11:57 AM   #6
Mike2165

Have a look in my documents, my drivers and see if theres a list of drivers there, i lost my ethernet driver recently, found it there, clicked on it and problem solved
Old 05-11-07, 03:04 PM   #7
JamesMio
Mega Poster

If you post the model of the laptop I might be able to help you better....

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 12:05 PM   #8
Captain Nemo

downloaded driver detective, , it told me 5 drivers were missing and several more were out of date......but when i go to download them , the damn thing wants $29.99.............is there a way to get them free !!!
Old 06-11-07, 12:25 PM   #9
phil24_7
Mega Poster

This is the bit that can be a bit time consuming but it's worth it to save you £15.

Look for the names of the drivers that you require (e.g. connextant link audio or whatever it says) then google exactly what it says, if this doesn't turn it up then you need to search for just the company (connextant) and search through their pages to find the correct driver (Always install the latest driver listed).

Another option is to search for the drivers from your laptop vendors website (e'g' Compaq) as they usually keep the drivers you require somewhere in the depths of their website.

Hope this helps, if not post again and we'll see if we can't help!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 12:42 PM   #10
Captain Nemo

cheers. ill have another look tonight..

on another point............

if a laptop falls from a window onto the driveway and nobody hears it??

does it still make a sound?

this could get tested real soon..............