SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-11-18, 10:42 AM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default we've come out on top...

... oh, wait:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-by-rsph-study

I suppose we are consistent, at least.

I notice that all the unhealthiest towns are in the north, where poverty is highest. Junk food is generally cheaper than healthy food and as for bookies; a quick fix for the local's dire life?

I can see why people here voted for leave, when you don't have anything, what have you got to lose?

I left the Grimsby area when I was 18 and returned after 40 + years (for my Dad), its decline is remarkable and depressing. There used to be a lot of engineering to support the shipyards for trawlers with all the associated back up resources. Two main shopping areas, two or three department stores...now we don't even have a W H Smiths!

At least the local roads are mostly deserted
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-18, 12:57 AM   #2
Heorot

Default Re: we've come out on top...

I visited Grimsby in around 1966 and immediately dubbed it Grimtown. If it's gone down hill since then, it must be really grim.

As for the argument the junk food is cheaper than healthy food, I don't buy that at all. I cook from scratch every day with fresh ingredients and most of my meals cost less than £2 a head. But then, I know how to cook.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-18, 10:03 PM   #3
Heorot

Seeker,

I also bulk cook. Last week I cooked up 12 portions of meaty bolognese sauce and 12 portions of chilli which are now all in the freezer.. Total cost of all the ingredients was well under £16 so around 66p per portion. Add some pasta or rice, and the cost per meal is under the £1 mark. The £2 per meal I quoted was for the most expensive meal I cook regularly.

Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Old 04-11-18, 11:16 AM   #4
Bibio
Mega Poster

its not a case of healthy v's cheap. its.. cant cook, wont cook, clueless morons who have generations of their family scrounge off the system. this is a common disease all over the uk. the word is "schemie". its these same people who voted for brexit as the migrants where "taking their jobs" even though none of them have actually worked a day in their life.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-18, 12:09 PM   #5
Bibio
Mega Poster

you would be surprised at just how many think the way i have said. its not harsh its true.
Old 04-11-18, 12:33 PM   #6
Talking Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
its not a case of healthy v's cheap. its.. cant cook, wont cook, clueless morons who have generations of their family scrounge off the system. this is a common disease all over the uk. the word is "schemie". its these same people who voted for brexit as the migrants where "taking their jobs" even though none of them have actually worked a day in their life.
You really need to lay off the MSM, its rotting your brain.
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-18, 12:04 PM   #7
Heorot

Bibs is right. I lived for 2 years among schemies in Sighthill in Edinburgh and saw it all first hand. Families who have never worked for several generations and with no intention of ever working.

Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Old 05-11-18, 12:35 PM   #8
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking Heads View Post
You really need to lay off the MSM, its rotting your brain.
As the murdoch types do love to villify benefits culture and almost certainly blow it all out of the proportion which it actually exists... It really does exist. I grew up around enough of the fking oxygen thieves.
Old 05-11-18, 01:59 PM   #9
Bibio
Mega Poster

just to clarify for those that dont know the definition of the word "schemie".

not all people from a housing scheme are schemie's.

a schemie is a low life delinquent that usually comes from a long line of scum who are taught from a young age to rob society any which way they can so as not to work. some schemie's classify this as working so not all do this but instead some feel it better to just sit and get hand outs.

most schemie's clothe themselves from stolen goods which they purchase from other schemie's of which a proportion are junkies who steel the goods. these low life's can often be seen hiding in the shadows with holdalls which contain the stolen goods.

schemie's can often be seen hanging out at the likes of betting shops or off licences but the real die hard ones will be found hanging around outside job centres waiting on other schemie's tying to scheme more money out of the system.

its all rather complicated in the world of schemieisim and there is a hierarchy within this low life scum of society which is the more "scheming" you can do the higher up in schemidom you live. this all has to be a achieved by exerting as little effort as possible or is classed as working.

not all schemie's are bad people, some of them are actually very nice people and will do anything for you if you know them. if you dont know them they will try their hardest to "scheme" something out of you. its very easy to befriend a schemie but beware that once you do you cant get rid of them so choose wisely.

never ever let a drunk schemie into your house if you value your possessions.

dont confuse a schemie with a ned but both can often be one of the same.

to sum up a schemie.. someone that lives on a housing scheme and refuses to work and is always "scheming" up new ways to get more money out of the system.

how do i know so much about schemies? i grew up with some as my friends.
Old 05-11-18, 02:57 PM   #10
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
a schemie is a low life delinquent that usually comes from a long line of scum who are taught from a young age to rob society any which way they can so as not to work. some schemie's classify this as working so not all do this but instead some feel it better to just sit and get hand outs.
I was once in Newcastle in the company of a few and a young lad got a quick call on the mobile from is mum. His brother said " In a hurry, is she working like ?.", he "Aye at graft" , me "what does she do" he "shoplifta". All said in a normal way, I think I was the only one even remotely surprised.