SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-03-08, 05:16 PM   #1
DoubleD

Talking Just finished fitting my new bars

I have been in the shed/garden all day fitting my new top yoke, renthal bars, new accelerator cables and HEL brake lines.

Took a while removing all the old stuff which I did the other day (the switch gear and cables) I finished removing the top yoke today (had to buy big socket to fit that top nut)

The accelerator cables were a nightmare to get off and on the throttle cam/bodies, took the best part of an hour, but got there in the end. (cut nearly every knuckle lol )

The new brake lines look good but they are a bit too long and I'm not happy with how they are sitting, I'll think of something (any suggestions)

I had to modify the master cylinder bracket a little bit (love my dremel) and it fits quite nice now.

I need to buy some new bar end nuts and bolts as the one I got off the clip-on do not fit into the new bars. (Typical)

Still need to add brake fluid and bleed brakes, add bar ends then all finished.

I have taken a couple of pic for you all to have a look at.

REMOVING BITS

BARS, SWITCHES and LEVERS ON

STILL NEEDS A LITTLE BEND

NEARLY FINISHED

Old 02-03-08, 05:57 PM   #2
DoubleD

Default Re: Just finished fitting my new bars

Forgot to add...

A BIG THANK YOU to El Saxo as I had his Haynes Book which helped to take appart and put back together my bike, and It started as well.
Old 02-03-08, 06:15 PM   #3
markryker

Thumbs up Re: Just finished fitting my new bars

Really nice, got a side on and full on view to see the whole of the bike?
Renthal streetfighter bars, Carbon can co exhaust, tail tidy, seat cowl, rear hugger, front mud thingy, hel braided lines, clear indicator lenses,fairing lowers, crash bungs, k&N air filter, chewys mirror extenders
markryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-08, 06:20 PM   #4
DoubleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by markryker View Post
Really nice, got a side on and full on view to see the whole of the bike?
I didn't take any whole bike pics so I'll take some more pics when I add brake fluid and bleed the brakes as the bike is locked away in bed at the moment.
Old 02-03-08, 06:22 PM   #5
markryker

Post Re: Just finished fitting my new bars

Look forward to seeing it completed, its got a Tuono look about it, nice one!
Renthal streetfighter bars, Carbon can co exhaust, tail tidy, seat cowl, rear hugger, front mud thingy, hel braided lines, clear indicator lenses,fairing lowers, crash bungs, k&N air filter, chewys mirror extenders
markryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-08, 06:31 PM   #6
600+

ABM? think that is the same BluePete has on his SV

very nice setup
Old 02-03-08, 06:32 PM   #7
kwak zzr

hey DD well done that looks great
Old 02-03-08, 06:34 PM   #8
Stig

I've just done the opposite to my naked.

Yours looks weird but I am sure that is just because it's unusual. Shame you had to have a silver top yolk instead of that nice black one.
Old 02-03-08, 06:37 PM   #9
Stig

I've just noticed the way you have your control cables wired. They don't go round the front and though the forks. Do they not get trapped when going from lock to lock on the steering
Old 02-03-08, 06:44 PM   #10
DoubleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600+ View Post
ABM? think that is the same BluePete has on his SV
Yes it is the same as BluePetes, he gave me the link so I could buy the bits and do the same to my bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
hey DD well done that looks great
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
Yours looks weird but I am sure that is just because it's unusual. Shame you had to have a silver top yolk instead of that nice black one.
Looks weird to me as well but then I have only just done it. I though the same about the top yoke but it ties in very nicely with the silver frame and bar risers and I quite like it being silver.