SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

EuroTour An area to discuss potential European trips, and to ask advice about long distance touring.

Old 20-11-05, 12:29 AM   #1
Demonz

Default Euro Tours 2006+1 - Any Plans?

Anyone got any Euro Tours planned for 2006. Would be great to hear whats going on and approximate dates/months??
Old 20-11-05, 10:41 AM   #2
Jelster

Possibly,

Watch this space................
Old 20-11-05, 04:45 PM   #3
Anonymous

Definitely........

but don't watch this space as I'm going alone

No seriously, I for one am without a doubt going down Austria/Slovenia again, probably basing in one or two places this time. When I get around to plans I will ask if anyone wants to come along

It was so good down that way.

Steve, I don't know if its too far in too short a time for the eurotour (as I think you typically go for less than a week) but Germany/Austria might be lovely for your event?
Old 20-11-05, 05:22 PM   #4
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

I as long as i am up and running again next year, i will be planning another trip to portugal in august or around that time.

This year i did it on a two week trip with 3 day travel each way, but the main aim was to be in portugal, but the next time i do it i plan for it to be a better trip arround europe taking much longer to get to portugal.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-05, 10:35 PM   #5
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rich
Definitely........

No seriously, I for one am without a doubt going down Austria/Slovenia again, probably basing in one or two places this time. When I get around to plans I will ask if anyone wants to come along

.... was thinking Austria as well - a mate owns a chalet in Kirchberg so free accom. Croatia may also be an option - but a hell of a way to go so poss train - and I am thinking insurance maybe a problem.
Old 21-11-05, 07:45 AM   #6
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmonsta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rich
Definitely........

.... was thinking Austria as well - a mate owns a chalet in Kirchberg so free accom. Croatia may also be an option - but a hell of a way to go so poss train - and I am thinking insurance maybe a problem.
Croatia is now covered on many (possibly most) bike policies. They usually say Eu +swiss+croatia. Its a fair way tho.
Old 29-11-05, 08:00 AM   #7
loopy

Default euro trip 2006

my mate and i are planning a trip to nothern spain in june . leaving ireland to holyhead down to plymouth ,boat to santander and then the fun will begin .anyone fancy it?
Old 04-12-05, 06:06 PM   #8
localhost

I am going.
I haven't planned anything yet though, im waiting for my mate to pass his license (or so i hope he does).

Perhaps i should start looking into some routes and things i need.
Old 10-01-06, 02:09 PM   #9
tinpants
Ubique

My bro-in-law and I are planning a trip to Le Mans with a few friends in May for the GP. Any advice re: ferries and places to stay in Le Mans would be appreciated.

If anyone from here is going and wants to tag along we could meet along the way- either at Bristol/ M4 corridor or anywhere along the route to Dover.
Old 10-01-06, 05:55 PM   #10
Silver Dream

Hi

Also looking at poss going to either lemanns or assen for the gpprob 4-5 of us, any recomendations re train or ferry experience's would be gratefully recieved

Cheers