SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-09-17, 09:55 AM   #11
Mega Poster

Default Re: 350mm Delkevic Stubby... Too Loud?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksW7 View Post
I've just ordered the Delkevic 350mm Oval Carbon Fibre Stubby for my 2012 SV... Have been waiting to get rid of the stock pipe ever since I bought the bike, and with my first human baby due in November this was probably the last chance to spend some money on my old non human baby for some time. Looked at Fuel, Beowulf and Pipeworx and the Delkevic just fit the bill in terms of price and looks.

Anyway, can't wait to get it delivered and install next weekend, and turn those youtube videos into reality. I know it's going to sound awesome, and hope that the baffle keeps falling out so that I have to keep it under my seat though looking at this forum to check things like how far to cut the pipe from the weld, which sealant to use etc. I've come across some slagging of the 350mm size. Surely this isn't too loud? I live in London so can imagine a few irate neighbours and policemen, it's not too late to switch to the 415mm. Would that be a better option? (understand that for many louder is better...) What's the main difference?
London is the one place you'll always get away with a loud exhaust. I promise you that my VFR750 with Sebring left exit race exhaust is WAY, WAY louder than any bike you've ever owned...I've never been pulled over once and it always passes it's MOT here.

I did have a Delk stubby on the VFR before fitting that Sebring system, with the baffle in it was nice, with the baffle out, it was no louder but had an absolutely sublime deep rumble to it. I almost, veeeeeeery almost regret putting the sebring system on, but when I see that single sided swingarm with the 8 spoker rear wheel...that regret washes away.