SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 19-10-12, 10:24 AM   #1
speedyctr

Default Anglesey - Wirral 100 This Weekend (20/21st Oct)

http://www.angleseycircuit.com/fixtu...100-motor-club

Anyone else going to watch last bit of racing this year? Weather for Sunday looks really good. I've never been to the Anglesey track, is it good for spectators?

speedyctr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-12, 03:46 PM   #2
Whitty

Default Re: Anglesey - Wirral 100 This Weekend (20/21st Oct)

Wanted to enter this but no racing funds left Booked oulton t,day instead on Nov 6th for £49 instead
Old 21-10-12, 10:24 PM   #3
flymo
Mega Poster

slightly late response but YES, very good for spectators.... and racers for that matter.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-12, 07:28 AM   #4
Copo

I was there Friday (trackday), Saturday and Sunday (racing).

The weather was unbelievably good Saturday/Sunday, cracking the flags! Had a few bike troubles Saturday, but it made for more interesting racing from the back of the grid.

Quick picture
Old 22-10-12, 07:29 AM   #5
speedyctr

Didn't go to watch in the end was hoping to go with some mates but things cropped up but a trackday there is on my list for next year no question!

Loving the picture Copo, glad weather was good, is that it now for this year?

Last edited by speedyctr; 22-10-12 at 07:32 AM.
speedyctr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-12, 09:42 AM   #6
Copo

Yep, that's my first year of racing all finished, will definitely be back next year for more!

Anyone out there considering racing and worrying that you're not fast, just get out there and do it!!! There's a race for anyone of any speed.
Old 22-10-12, 04:41 PM   #7
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copo View Post
Anyone out there considering racing and worrying that you're not fast, just get out there and do it!!! There's a race for anyone of any speed.

okay can I borrow your bike??? save damaging mine
Old 22-10-12, 05:07 PM   #8
Whitty

Need to get there next season, track looks ace plus need more signatures to get rid of my vest. Have just done my first season mainly at 3 sisters and one at Aintree. Have you been doing other clubs/tracks?
Old 22-10-12, 05:45 PM   #9
Copo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitty View Post
Need to get there next season, track looks ace plus need more signatures to get rid of my vest. Have just done my first season mainly at 3 sisters and one at Aintree. Have you been doing other clubs/tracks?
So far I've done Wirral 100 at Anglesey in March, Oulton with W100, Oulton with BEMSEE, Oulton with NG (yes I like Oulton), then Brands Hatch with BEMSEE and finally back to Anglesey with W100.

I'll try and get to Aintree, 3 Sisters and Ton Fanua (sp) next along with doing as much of Wirral 100 as possible.

Last edited by Copo; 22-10-12 at 05:57 PM.
Old 22-10-12, 06:14 PM   #10
Whitty

3 sisters will be a shock to your system after riding 'big' tracks I've never been so tired on a bike than racing there! Plan to do tonf as well, as its my kind of track I've heard(cheap) Aintree was bit bumpy but fun with flat out long straight. Laid back and friendly atmosphere like 3 sisters with Preston club. Gutted season is over as missed part of it due to baby arriving early. Booked trackday at oulton on Nov6th just to keep riding, always rains when i go there so will put wets on before I go!