SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-11-07, 08:26 PM   #1
MrMessy

Default Sleeping Bags:

I am after a new sleeping bag for when I go camping at the bike races. Had a look around today and they seem to have a "nylon" inner (Karrimoor). Am thinking of getting a 2 season bag. Any advice would be appreciated.
MrMessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 08:32 PM   #2
Biker_Billy

Default Re: Sleeping Bags:

The season bag you need depends on how hot you are if you know what I mean....? I hate being hot in bed, and have a 2 season - its fine for me even in winter - if not, I just layer up....plus side is that it packs really small.

Make sure you get a good compression sack with the bag and its worth investing in a cotton inner (about 10 quid) - these go in the sleeping bag (the same shape) and can be machine washed...much easier than washing the sleeping bag...

HTH,
Billy.
Old 10-11-07, 08:32 PM   #3
metalmonkey

What time of year are you planning on using it? Look at the lowest temperature the bag will go too, you won't be warm at that you just won't freeze. It may be worth getting a 2-3 season bag and adding a liner which will add another season to it. Oh a blanket over the top works great.

Just buy the most functional one, thats packs small you don't need to spend loads!

I have a a heavy bag, about 3 season -5 I think or something like, and i have another tropical for the jungle and carriabean.

Also get a good roll mat makes all the difference. I have tried and tested all of this as kid camping, hiking across the uk as a kid in all weather!

Whatever you do if you fart, don't light it down there
Old 10-11-07, 09:25 PM   #4
Paws

What about a army supplies store? i use my dads (hes ex army) old sleeping bags and they are great.