SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-06-09, 04:18 PM   #1
curium

Default Superbikes and MotoGP at Donington Park

I've just bought tickets for this weekends World Superbikes at Donington and next months MotoGP.

Having purchased the tickets it's now come to light that this year the entire infield from starkeys straight round macleans, coppice and the dunlop straight will be no access due to the work to upgrade the track for F1 Additionally, they'll only be 2 big screens, 1 at the old hairpin and the other at the melbourne loop.

Can anyone confirm? This sounds like **** and if true the ticket prices should be reduced if we're all gonna be trapped in the outfield fighting for a look at 1 of the 2 screens

Traditionally I always watch from the infield by Schwantz curve as you can see them coming towards you down craner and round into macleans and coppice and there's usually a screen inside the macleans straight to see the action taking place elsewhere on the track.
Old 24-06-09, 04:52 PM   #2
MR UKI (1)

Default Re: Superbikes and MotoGP at Donington Park

I went BSB the other week and although the infield was blocked off as you come through the tunnel at the Foggy Esses you could still get to the infield at Craner by walking along the pit straight and then behind the Craner hospitality boxes. Not sure about Moto GP/WSB however, depends how much they have progressed with the works in the last month or so I suppose.