SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-05-10, 06:09 PM   #1
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Lake District and coast to coast

My mate Mick from Yorkshire and I are off on this one on Saturday and the weather forecast is looking pretty hopeful at the moment - make a change from some of our wet rideouts if it does stay dry for once!

We're meeting up at around 8.30am just south of Kendal and then riding into the town for our early appointment with a full fat all day breakfast before spending the rest of the day riding around the Lake District.

We're booked into Buttermere youth hostel for the Saturday night, looks like a fantastic location and some stunning roads in the area too. And just as the icing on the cake, as it were, they also do a full all day breakfast! I think I shall be breaking out the mountain bike when I get home to burn off some of those calories.

Sunday morning will see us off to an early start for the ride across to Whitby on the Hawes road and from there we shall wend our way to our respective homes. I'll get some pictures if we stop riding long enough to get the camera out.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-10, 06:12 PM   #2
BanditPat

Default Re: Lake District and coast to coast

Howfar up you going then mate?
Old 18-05-10, 06:18 PM   #3
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Lake District and coast to coast

Don't know yet Pat - we're going to make it up over breakfast at the Kendal Morrisons on Saturday morning! We'll likely be not far from you though at some point in the day.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote