SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 21-02-06, 07:40 AM   #11
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieSV
Up untill now you have been a litte face on the left, but now ,
Respect. I've learned fron you, I hope others do,
Not looking for respect, but if you have learnt from these photo's then the fact that I have posted them here, shows that it's working.
Old 21-02-06, 02:01 PM   #12
Warthog

I think I'll get a tattoo that says "megan" cos it seems to have miraculously held back your bruising!
Old 21-02-06, 09:43 PM   #13
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

I wish a few of the idiots you see riding bikes in t shirts, jeans and trainers in the summer could be made to look at those pics.

Even in 40 degree heat in Barcelona we wore full leathers.................would never get on a bike without it. Mind you, both Pete and I have had fairly big off's in the past..........we KNOW what can happen as well as you do, although neither of us were hurt as badly as you were.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-06, 03:39 PM   #14
warden1974

Would a decent set of textiles protect as much as leathers? You know maybe the Heine G Cruise which seems to have RIDE approval?

Thanks
Old 14-03-06, 07:47 PM   #15
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by warden1974
Would a decent set of textiles protect as much as leathers? You know maybe the Heine G Cruise which seems to have RIDE approval?

Thanks
I don't think so, but any protection is better than none, no
Old 19-05-06, 12:38 PM   #16
andy

BigApe,

Glad you are OK - looks very nasty.

May I ask, why did you come off?
Old 20-05-06, 06:09 AM   #17
Stig

OK. I shall post the cause of the accident here as I am getting repetitive strain injury keeping on doing it by PM.

A very short version. On slip road of M25 onto M40 east bound. Had bike cranked right over and titanium slider producing lots of sparks. Guesstimated speed about 90mph.

Hit a dip in the road that the front suspension was incapable of handling at that speed and angle.

Front wheel washed out and I slid into the Armco. Bike, myself and Armco got intimate very quickly.

I slid for approximately 15 meters before hitting the Armco. Approximate speed on impact was 80mph.

I was wedged under the Armco with the bike wedged in under me. I slid along the Armco getting more and more wedged until I hit the upright. It was the Armco that broke most of my ribs on my right side, it was my broken ribs that punctured my lung and damaged my liver and small intestines. The bike broke my pelvis and consequently attempted to leave my body. I also broke ribs on the left side and collapsed the left lung. Not quite sure if it was the barrier or the bike that did that.

So there we are, a very quick and rough guide to what happened and how the injuries were caused. I thought I was over the injuries and started running again. I was soon to be proved wrong however as my pelvis can not withstand constant pounding that occurs when running. I am far more fortunate that others. I was wearing protective clothing.

I think the main point about protective clothing is if you are not going to wear any, that is completely your choice. But please DO WEAR A FULL LENGTH BACK PROTECTOR. This undoubtedly saved me from having my spine chopped in half. I would have been dead without it.
Old 07-06-06, 09:02 PM   #18
Jebiah

wow i remember seeing these a while back thanks for posting them again im gonna have to get me a back protector!!!
Old 11-06-06, 10:35 PM   #19
Villers

Didnt see the original thread but Im sure Ive seen your photos elsewhere, I didnt even make the connection when I looked at your avataar!

I had a far less serious accident a few months ago, I went over the hisghside at about 50-60 through an S bend. I was wearing the cheapest nastiest textiles ever. Under these I had my Knox back protector, I was wearing a shoei xr-1000 and some HG gloves. I came away with a cracked helmet (tried to replicate the damage later with a hammer in the garage but struggled) which led to a slight concussion, a cut knee and a sore back. I managed to bounce off the curb with many thanks to the knox back protector. Its my prized possession and I dont ride without it, no matter where Im going.

After seeing the pics I feel a bit ashamed that I was so ****ed off with a bad back and sore knee. Kudos Big Ape!
Old 15-06-06, 06:58 PM   #20
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebiah
wow i remember seeing these a while back thanks for posting them again im gonna have to get me a back protector!!!
Did the pictures when posted first time round not make you go out and get one then