SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-10-15, 07:22 AM   #41
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: MotoGP - contains spoilers.

Still looks like marc lent on the Dr......
Old 30-10-15, 10:55 AM   #42
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

Default MotoGP - contains spoilers.

That'll be because he did.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-15, 12:10 PM   #43
NTECUK
Mega Poster

So why do we need to penalise No46 ???
Old 30-10-15, 02:24 PM   #44
AJC

Looks like Rossi is appealing the decision, good stuff!
Old 30-10-15, 04:56 PM   #45
Red Herring
Mega Poster

From what I've heard most of the paddock (with a couple of notable exceptions) think it's a bit off how he's been treated. As Marquez, Lorenzo and Pedroza are pretty much going to occupy the front row it would be nice if the rest of the grid had a get together and all agreed to make a "slow" start and hold position to give Rossi a clear shot down the outside into turn one..... Given how fired up Rossi is going to be it would probably be safer for a few of them as well!
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-15, 06:49 PM   #46
JulesW

This debate will rattle on and on, did Rossi kick, did Mark run way too close to Rossi, did Mark bin it on purpose....ad nauseum.

What sealed it for me was seeing Rossi intentionally run Marquez wide. In other words Rossi started the whole incident and Mark was having none of it.

Rossi has made a career out of goading people and getting in their heads. And his fans have loved it!

At Sepang Mark got right inside his head, Rossi's frustration boiled over and he lost the plot.

Bottom line is Rossi started the whole thing when he ran Mark wide....end of.

Not that fond of Marquez and I'm a big Rossi fan, but this time he showed the world his bad side
JulesW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-15, 06:50 PM   #47
JulesW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
From what I've heard most of the paddock (with a couple of notable exceptions) think it's a bit off how he's been treated. As Marquez, Lorenzo and Pedroza are pretty much going to occupy the front row it would be nice if the rest of the grid had a get together and all agreed to make a "slow" start and hold position to give Rossi a clear shot down the outside into turn one..... Given how fired up Rossi is going to be it would probably be safer for a few of them as well!
That Sir would not be racing
Old 30-10-15, 07:51 PM   #48
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesW View Post
That Sir would not be racing
No Sir, it would not. Neither though are the politics behind putting Rossi at the back of the grid. Rossi didn't start it when he ran Marquez wide, but he certainly finished it. It wasn't big, it wasn't clever, and it certainly shouldn't have been that obvious...... but the punishment doesn't fit the crime.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-15, 07:53 PM   #49
Amadeus

Last edited by Amadeus; 30-10-15 at 08:03 PM. Reason: CBA
Old 30-10-15, 08:13 PM   #50
JulesW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
No Sir, it would not. Neither though are the politics behind putting Rossi at the back of the grid. Rossi didn't start it when he ran Marquez wide, but he certainly finished it. It wasn't big, it wasn't clever, and it certainly shouldn't have been that obvious...... but the punishment doesn't fit the crime.
I respect your opinion Red and I'm a big fan of Rossi. I view his penalty for running MM wide as lenient. We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

As a fan of the sport it's horrible to see the championship decided by race control compounded with interference from a rider who is not in the running (MM was f*cking with VR in the last 2 rounds and we all know why [Assen Argentina and recent VR comments]). We, the fans, have all been robbed of a championship that was fairly fought by all parties.

I really hope to see VR in the leading group by lap 4 or 5 without another rider giving any quarter, it's a huge obstacle though.

VR's 10th championship would be all the sweeter if he actually pulled it off

Last edited by JulesW; 30-10-15 at 08:16 PM.
JulesW is offline   Reply With Quote