SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 06-12-04, 11:58 PM   #1
empty

Default More parking tickets

The usual really.....
Allegedly I was parked in Greek St (?) on the 29th October and received a ticket at 22:45. Except I was in frith st and would probably have noticed someone sticking one to my bike, as I was stood next to it at the time.

I think Greek St is the next one over. Anyone willing to be a witness that I wasn't there?

Anyone else who's been thorugh this joke of a system - what's the beef with Tax disc numbers etc?

Gotta love Westminster parking services - stupid AND incompetent.
Old 20-01-05, 06:55 PM   #2
empty

Default UPDATE request for further information

Hi to all,

Had a letter claiming that the points I made (parked in another street, ticket not issued, no uniformed traffic warden) were not grounds for representation and as such I have to send a copy of the tax disc and V5 in.

What have other people done in this situation? If I send the tax disc in, will they then just claim that that was the number they wrote down? And I can't think of a reason that they'd need the V5 unless they wrote the frame number down (which I somehow doubt)

I guess I have to send them in, as otherwise the representation will be rejected. It probably will be anyway but I am highly suspicious of this request.

Any thoughts?

Empty
Old 20-01-05, 08:44 PM   #3
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Dont send em anything.

The representations you need to make are "the contravention did not occur" and i think they now have the other as " the attendant was not allowed to place the ticket" or somesuch.

If you are comming tomorrow bring the letters etc.

I just had a similar one with camden. Westminster like to try and style it out even though your representations are valid.

hth
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-05, 09:00 PM   #4
jonboy

Yes I would agree, don't send them anything. Those of us in attendance on the day will happily give you a witness letter. As long as you're prepared to fight it all the way you'll win as they don't have a legal foot to stand on.

Old 20-01-05, 09:04 PM   #5
Stig

Agreed, don't send them anything. In fact, get THEM to send you the copy of the parking ticket. I can almost guarantee that your tax disk number is no where in sight. There have been plenty of cases of us Soho lot getting tickets and or notice of no payment of a ticket issued. Hence the covering of number plates that now entails every Friday night visit to afore mentioned popular meeting place.
Old 20-01-05, 10:10 PM   #6
Baldyman

Venturing up to Soho tomorrow with Carsick, do I need to bring a black bag and some tape for me number plate or is that not cool enough for you city slickers
Old 20-01-05, 10:28 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldyman
Venturing up to Soho tomorrow with Carsick, do I need to bring a black bag and some tape for me number plate or is that not cool enough for you city slickers
Anything, its not a fashion thing... its a fascist thing
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 21-01-05, 10:18 AM   #8
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldyman
Black bag? I think mine's a W.H. Smith bag, bit more upmarket you see, for the literati amongst us. *

*You know who you are.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-05, 01:40 PM   #9
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Empty..... Dunno if you made it to Soho last night, didnt get to meet you if you did, but i actually brought my last letter from Camden with me for you to see what their response should be to you using the representations that i mentioned above.

Never mind eh... PM me if you need to
Old 01-03-05, 10:47 PM   #10
empty

Default it's now been cancelled

Received the letter today Here it is in all it's glory.

Location of Issue : GREEK STREET, W1 (G1) yeah right

Thank you for the representation you made on receipt of a Notice to Owner about the above Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) and for sending in the additional requested evidence.

The PCN was issued at 22:45 because the vehicle was seen parked in a street when parking restrictions were in force except that it wasn't in that street. Yellow lines at the edge of the road mean that there are parking restrictions which apply to the entire road.

The issuing attendant who was a mobile uniniformed attendant does confirm that the penalty charge notice was affixed to the motorcycle oh really.... and does not record the presence of a driver which is somewhat strange as I was next to or near it the whole night

After careful consideration of the points that you raised i.e. we looked at the forged tax disc number and the one you sent in which didn't match your representation has been accepted. The PCN and NtO have been cancelled.

Yours Sincerely,

A. Wood, Case Officer on behalf of Parking Services

The bits in italics are mine, obviously.

I may still try a formal complaint.

Best of luck with any other cases still out there....