SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-04-07, 09:04 AM   #1
neio79

Default The future of the SV??

I have just been pondering what lies in store for the SV!

At the moment i have a K3s and love it to bits LOL

I like its agressive lines etc, however i cant make my mind up whether to keep it a bit longer, or change it for a IL4 SS600 this winter (when the deals are good).

I will also concider buying a new SV650 sport, as i think the pointys look great with the lowers, and i like the black frame on the new bikes.

just wondering what peoples opinions are on how much longer the SV is going to run on in its current style, surely it must be time for a face lift soon? or are the new euro 3 emmison tests going to kill off the SV650? wondering if anyone knows what Suzuki has in store for the SV. Seeing as they have already killed off the SV1000

also are the SV650s sports still going to be avalible this winter. as a pre reg one would be a great deal this winter!!
Old 13-04-07, 09:12 AM   #2
Baph

Default Re: The future of the SV??

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
At the moment i have a K3s and love it to bits LOL
So why are you chopping it in?

Personally, I've always got my eye out for the next bike. I don't expect I'll get rid of the SV for a few years yet, but if the right deal comes along, byebye SV.

I'm looking for more power, better brakes, better suspension, better build quality.

If you're thinking of getting rid, you must have some idea as to why.
Old 13-04-07, 09:26 AM   #3
neio79

Its a concideration, as i said i love the SV so that is why the SV sport is a good option.

part of my problem is I am the sort of person that likes new and shiny stuff!! LOL, probably a case of seeing new GSXR's etc at meets and wanting one there and then, as the SV looks small next to them ( iknow in part that is down to the engine configuration not requiring as much room). that is the only thing i dont like is how small they look next to IL4,s

But when i jump on the SV she never ceases to raise a smile on me face through the corners! or anywhere for that matter, quick enough to get to 110,( i am not really interested in going much faster) and faster off the line than some SS600's

A few people i have spoken to have said they knew mates who had the SV changed for a SS600 and regreted it, as they cant use all the power on the road 90% of the time.

I supose the best thing for me would be to get the lowers so it looks more like a full on sports bike.
Old 13-04-07, 10:08 AM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
Its a concideration, as i said i love the SV so that is why the SV sport is a good option.
You realise it's almost exactly the same bike as yours, with some bolt-ons that you can buy for your own? There's a couple of minor tweaks such as the new cam chain tensioners and gear selcetor mechanism, but they're pretty trivial, and you'll take a huge hit to trade... Well, not trade up, trade along is more the expression here

If they're still doing the free insurance that'd help to sweeten the deal, though.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-07, 10:11 AM   #5
LeeSV

I hope they leave it as it is, current shape is perfect imo. I reckon there will be a new shape to come shortly though as the bike is doing too well to stop making them. I just wish they would make an "SVR" version.
Old 13-04-07, 10:11 AM   #6
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
If they're still doing the free insurance that'd help to sweeten the deal, though.
as long as you don't have to make a claim. they are rubbish
Old 13-04-07, 10:20 AM   #7
Steve H

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSV View Post
I hope they leave it as it is, current shape is perfect imo. I reckon there will be a new shape to come shortly though as the bike is doing too well to stop making them. I just wish they would make an "SVR" version.
Suzuki will realise that they got it all wrong with the 'pointy' and reintroduce the 'Curvy'.............carbs 'n all!
Old 13-04-07, 10:33 AM   #8
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
Suzuki will realise that they got it all wrong with the 'pointy' and reintroduce the 'Curvy'.............carbs 'n all!
thats about as likley to happen as the Germans voting hitler as their number one hero of all time!! LOL .

technology moves foward not backwards!!

although i supose trends come around again so as fasion from the 70's comes back, then i supose the curvy could look cool again!!!! LOL
Old 13-04-07, 11:05 AM   #9
PeterM

Suzuki has not killed of the SV1000. They may not be selling it in the UK but it is certainly alive and well.

Because the SV is not a fashion item then they don't need to update it every year touting more power and less weight. That said a revision should be on the way soon. Perhaps 08/09 model year?

If you insist on going IL4 then look for a 750. The SS600s do not have the throttle response of the 650 unless you are already pulling 10 grand. At the traffic light drags you should beat all 600s and most other bikes, to legal speeds. Back off after that and if they keep going then they just won 1st place in Loserville hall of fame.
Old 13-04-07, 11:09 AM   #10
Banus

Yep - can only agree. New trends with Uni students at the moment ? Retro mobile phones (like the Nokia 8210) with B&W screens and no camera !I have a K1 curvy (see avatar) and although I can afford to change it to a new K7 / SV Sport - I love the curvey's lines and the rock solid simplicity of its carb'd motor.Apart from that - I'll only upgrade when Suzuki can do something about their current colour range. If you are listening Mr Suzuki, why don't you produce an SV with lowers as standard in GSXR colours ? (Blue and white) - just think how that would look and sell ?