SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 17-11-07, 11:21 PM   #11
ASM-Forever

Default Re: Where to buy a gear lever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Anyone else got any ideas? Preferably an online retailer (I am assuming a gear lever is easy to replace!). Am thinking of selling the SV and I think the bolt solution may put people off / significantly reduce any offers I get!
Just find an online suzuki dealer and order one, job done.

At the end of the day its your call, but selling now makes no sense to me. Not only will you get a ****e price, but then the new bike you buy(assuming its a CBR) will be subjected to winter and all its corrosive/icy glory.
Old 18-11-07, 07:41 AM   #12
flibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
You may have not noticed this but in my previous post I did say that it is dropped or broken, I did not however indicated that it was I that dropped it or crashed it. That just wouldn't happen, what with me being a riding god and all.
lol..
Old 18-11-07, 07:47 AM   #13
flibble

Agree with ASM_Forever, I've thought about upgrading, but wouldn't do it at least till the new year.

There's the Suzuki dealer in slough where I've been getting my bike serviced or loads on sale on fleabay.

Or even at the NEC bike show
Old 18-11-07, 07:59 AM   #14
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
Just find an online suzuki dealer and order one, job done.

At the end of the day its your call, but selling now makes no sense to me. Not only will you get a ****e price, but then the new bike you buy(assuming its a CBR) will be subjected to winter and all its corrosive/icy glory.
Hmm, I see exactly where you are coming from. The problem is that after a week I am still feeling really rubbish on the SV. If the handling and brakes etc were the same on both bikes I still think that I would make the leap. For me the problem really is that I have gotten used to getting a full foot down on one side or tip toes on both. On the SV I can only get the tip of my toe down on one side or I can hop from side to side (dont laugh ASM).

I'm not going to make the change instantly as ideally I want to get a new job first (that way I wont have to commute stupid distances on the CBR). I am however already in the frame of mind that I am going to sell the SV and am therefore preping to sell.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-07, 09:58 AM   #15
Blackjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider
Hmm, I see exactly where you are coming from. The problem is that after a week I am still feeling really rubbish on the SV. If the handling and brakes etc were the same on both bikes I still think that I would make the leap. For me the problem really is that I have gotten used to getting a full foot down on one side or tip toes on both. On the SV I can only get the tip of my toe down on one side or I can hop from side to side (dont laugh ASM).

You want a nice little CG125 you do ...................

Last edited by Stig; 18-11-07 at 10:03 AM.
Old 18-11-07, 10:20 AM   #16
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post

I'm not going to make the change instantly as ideally I want to get a new job first (that way I wont have to commute stupid distances on the CBR). I am however already in the frame of mind that I am going to sell the SV and am therefore preping to sell.
The getting feet down/feeling comfortable on the bike is an issue i guess. Maybe you can get some of those boots that give you a few extra inches.
Anyhow bah to putting both feet down....left only please.

I still think your problem is excessive mental negativity. I had a curvy and that was a decent enough bike.....a new pointy has to be better.

When you get the CBR i will be the first to mock you when you take a spill in the icy weather.
Old 18-11-07, 10:50 AM   #17
StreetHawk

Get the CBR! Purely for the safety aspect of course.. Get one thats done a few miles for under £6k then you won't lose too much by piling the miles on. If you spray it all with ACF-50 or whatever it's called then you should protect it from the salty, gritty winter roads..