SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 10-04-14, 06:33 PM   #1
TheOnlyNemesis

Default Fowlers

I've never really liked fowlers but i need a new 2 piece suit. Does anyone who has used them know if you can barter prices with them?
Old 10-04-14, 06:41 PM   #2
Tomor
Mega Poster

Default Re: Fowlers

If you are lucky. They are a real pain to deal with!
Old 10-04-14, 06:47 PM   #3
dkid

Default Fowlers

I once saw a helmet I liked in there. Asked the sales guy what he could do on the price (wasn't looking for half price or anything). He said he couldn't do anything for me so seeing as I'd already tried it on for size I walked and ordered it online. The sales guy wasn't bothered in the slightest at losing a potential sale so I'd suggest a similar tactic for your two piece tbh.

I'm all for supporting local business but these guys have earned their bad rep if you believe even half of what you read/hear.

Last edited by dkid; 10-04-14 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-04-14, 07:42 PM   #4
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

I was in there the other week, I always have a look round when picking up parts. I overheard some lad speaking to a young sales rep along the lines of "I'm buying this helmet, this jacket and trousers, plus I'm looking at getting a lid for the miss's, but I've seen the jacket up in Swindon at £xxx less. What can you do?", the young sales rep replied "I'll just get my supervisor".

Now I've no idea what happened after that but it wasn't a flat NO. So all I can suggest is try it, you never know. Not sure if they will barter but they might price match or do something with a big purchase. But at this time of the year I expect they are doing good sales figures being the start of the season so don't need the cashflow like in the middle of winter. Not sure of the profit margins in bike gear either so aim for 20% but expect 10% if at all.

Other than that, why Fowlers? There is the old George Whites up here for example. Not a recommendation or anything, just saying others are around.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14, 06:47 PM   #5
TheOnlyNemesis

Looking for a shop close to home so i can come home, get changed and head back out mainly. Wanted a dainese set from J&S as they got £100 off it but the bristol store doesn't have it in stock.
Old 11-04-14, 07:25 PM   #6
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

bit out the way but the megabike place on the old George whites site in swindon has some **** hot deals on leathers at the mo.

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14, 08:36 PM   #7
dkid

Default Fowlers

Don't dainese have a store on old market?
Old 11-04-14, 10:16 PM   #8
RJohnny

Fowlers... don't you mean Fowlups - still the cafe is ok for a quick brew.

Despite the bad rep I still head there fairly often to see what's on sale, as the selection is wide and varied. Also comes in handy for trying gear on prior to purchasing online or elsewhere for cheaper.

Bike ~ Silver SV650S K4 - twin oval exhaust for added vroom

YouTube channe
l ~ https://www.youtube.com/user/BristolJohnny
RJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-14, 10:28 PM   #9
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

TON come up here on Sunday and have a look round.

Actually thinking of it didn't Grant say something about Sunday. We can take you out to a couple of shops taking the interesting routes there if you like?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 06:01 AM   #10
cb1000rsteve

My one and only dealing with fowlers was the purchase of my first bike Suzuki bandit (£1000 cheaper than anywhere near me!). Put it in van for me and strapped it down. I asked was it secure etc to which they replied yes we do this all the time. First set of traffic lights and bang, over it went!!! Did it myself and considering if never done it before it never fell over all the way back to the boro!!!