SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 02-01-09, 05:29 PM   #1
Kilted Ginger

Talking Largs Ice Cream: Attendees

SUNDAY 22nd February

Plan so far, meet Glasgow TBC at 10am TBC ride 100 miles including a ferry trip. Ice cream at the Beachcomber Kiosk (probably) 25ish mile ride to TBC for burger and a blether them home.

Please post here if you are planning to attend this.

1. Kilted Ginger......ride + Blether
Old 06-01-09, 10:16 PM   #2
Kilted Ginger

Default Re: Largs Ice Cream: Attendees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Flame View Post
How much is the ferry?
Ferry information:

Western ferries Between Hunter's Quay (Dunoon) & McInroy's Point (Gourock)
Every 20 mins, £3.50 per motorcycle, need to confirm if this includes rider but dont think so. £3.50 per passanger.

Calmac ferries, Dunoon - Gourock.
1 per hour (10 to the hour) £4.10 per m/c + £2.90 PP = £7

Ive emailed both companies asking how many bikes they can transport and any chance of a discount (worth a try) i'll let you know when they reply.
Old 08-01-09, 08:58 AM   #3
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate SV650 View Post
What about the petrol station near the Little Chef
Sounds perfect. We could probably do with a re-group there after the Great Western Road traffic light lottery anyway.
Old 06-02-09, 12:27 AM   #4
-Ralph-

I've now got almost all the bits I need to get the bike back on the road, assuming the forks are OK and they've only turned in the yokes and there nothing broken inside the bikini fairing that I can't see.

I'd really love to come on this as it would be my last rideout with SV Ecosse before I move down to England permanently on the 1st March.

I'm back home the week before the rideout, every evening will be dedicated to bike fixing!
Old 06-02-09, 08:20 PM   #5
Kilted Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim@55 View Post
well peeps ,is it ok for me to turn up (no bike though?)i could just meet u in largs and then follow behind in my car up to the hurlet?
il b good ,,,honest
if ok ,when do you think youl b in largs?
As Tiger55 said 2 pm is the plan, how realistic this is I'm not sure, I'll paste the route and timings at the bottom of this thread. The last leg the ferry and 10 mile run to largs should take no more than 40mins, If you can get to largs in that time them someone could call you as we gather to board the ferry so you're not hanging about if we're running late.

Route (A' La Tiger55)

1. Meet at Hein Gericke "272 Greart Western Road" 10am for 10:15 departure. (A) Ride west A82 (great western / dumbarton Rd) 11miles

2. Regroup at little chef Milton (pick up Kate) Fuel if required. 10:45 11am departure. (B) Continue A82

3. A82 to loch lomond, 12 miles, left turn (Glen fruin / military road) to Gareloch head, 9miles. Must mark this junction!!

4. 2nd exit at roundabout A814 to Arrocher (Wibbly Wobbly)Watch the drain covers. 9miles, Regroup at roll hut (C).

5 A83 (rest and be thankfull) 11miles, Left turn, Regroup at viewpoint A815 to Hunters Quay via Loch eck and Ardbeg 30miles. Must mark this Junction!!

6 .Regroup Board ferry at hunters Quay, every 20 mins, 20 min cruise. No on board romances please.

7. Rt Turn onto A770, then 3rd exit at roundabout onto the A78, through Inverkip to Largs, 10miles. Nardinis (D) for ice cream. 13:30 - 14:00 apx

8. Head to Hurlett inn?? for burger and a blether, route by someone that knows where the hell it is please then homeward bound.

Well thats the plan, Route to and location of eaterie please by whomever feels qualified.
Old 09-02-09, 10:43 PM   #6
jim@55

nardinis it is then
Old 10-02-09, 03:42 PM   #7
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Ginger View Post
Route to and location of eaterie please by whomever feels qualified.
In a nutshell - linky

In words -

1. South out of Largs on the main A78 Greenock road for a mile or so to turn off for A760 Kilbirnie Road Must mark this junction!!

2. 9 miles of deserted country road to downtown Kilbirnie. Right at first wee roundabout, then third exit at next wee roundabout onto B780 signposted Dalry/Irvine. Must mark these junctions!!

3. What shall we say, half a mile or so, bear left onto B777 Beith road. Must mark this junction!!

4. Coupla miles to the main road - A737 - outside Beith, the Manrahead Roundabout. Second exit onto the A737 signposted Paisley/Glasgow. Must mark this junction!!

5. Pay attention! Else you'll end up in Paisley and we don't want that. Just under a mile it's right turn off the A737 back onto the B777, signposted Gateside/Lugton. Must mark this junction!!

6. 4 miles of B Class racetrack into the beating heart of metropolitan Lugton. Left onto the A736 signposted Glasgow. Must mark this junction!!

7. Last 6 miles of giving it the business. After entering Barrhead and before the Main Street roundabout, disused (I think) petrol station just after Tesco - Regroup. Don't want anybody getting lost in Barrhead, you haven't got the form.

8. Follow-me-I-know-the-way over a couple of roundabouts, signposted Glasgow A736, mile or so outside Barrhead, The Tobey Carvery Hurlet. Presto! Prestoni! Half a shandy all round.

So it's follow the signs for Kilbirnie, Dalry, Paisley, Lugton, and Glasgow. In that order. Any questions?

Last edited by Tiger 55; 13-02-09 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-02-09, 08:54 PM   #8
Kilted Ginger

Why, Thank you kind sir.
Old 10-02-09, 08:58 PM   #9
Kilted Ginger

[quote=peterco;1775813]Do we have an alternative route ,if we get adverse weather condition.
quote]

No, we have waterproofs
Old 11-02-09, 01:12 AM   #10
Kilted Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoralba View Post
This still on for Sunday then?
Unless i ballsed up dates again?
Sunday 22nd February 11 days away, plenty of time for the snow to melt, me thinks you may be a wee bit confused