SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-05-18, 09:13 AM   #11
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rough Running

Quote:
Originally Posted by egcSV650s View Post
Yeah im going to get the full kit, ill probably get it when im back from travelling europe as i wont have time to do it before. Thank you for your help
Don't forget sometimes a bit of,"Liquid Servicing" can work wonders.Buy a bottle of Redex or any cheap fuel cleaner and bang half a bottle into a near full tank and take the Bike for an,"Italian Tune-Up"

I've run all my Motorcycles for years with a cap or two of Redex every few tank fulls once they have had an initial big glug for years and rarely get carb/fuel problems.As I now,"Winterize" my bike I have no problems with Stale fuel as the Redex stabilizes the fuel as well

PS

Wilkos Supermarkets are doing 250ml for £2.00.Bargain and I just bought a 400ml of GT85 Lube for £3.00 from there as well

As you are away you might find something like in a Supermarket where you are.

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 13-05-18 at 09:18 AM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 01:52 PM   #12
egcSV650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ffR4ff View Post
Don't forget sometimes a bit of,"Liquid Servicing" can work wonders.Buy a bottle of Redex or any cheap fuel cleaner and bang half a bottle into a near full tank and take the Bike for an,"Italian Tune-Up"

I've run all my Motorcycles for years with a cap or two of Redex every few tank fulls once they have had an initial big glug for years and rarely get carb/fuel problems.As I now,"Winterize" my bike I have no problems with Stale fuel as the Redex stabilizes the fuel as well

PS

Wilkos Supermarkets are doing 250ml for £2.00.Bargain and I just bought a 400ml of GT85 Lube for £3.00 from there as well

As you are away you might find something like in a Supermarket where you are.
Yeah ive been putting sea foam in my tank everytime i fill up but might go to redex. Ah right thanks will have a look in the supermarket
egcSV650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 02:25 PM   #13
Bibio
Mega Poster

sea foam or redex is not going to help. modern petrol has all the additives you need.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 03:26 PM   #14
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Even modern petrol is still dinosaur juice and not as clean as it seems, when it stands or is allowed to evaporate it still leaves gum and lacquer behind. Redex has a lot of kerosene in it but also a few other goodies that like to eat dinosaur juice residue, over the years a bit of redex in the tank has worked miracles for me.

Don't know why so much opposition to redex, it doesn't cost the earth and is definitely worth trying before more invasive ( read time consuming and expensive) things are tried.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 02-06-18 at 03:29 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 06:10 PM   #15
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Even modern petrol is still dinosaur juice and not as clean as it seems, when it stands or is allowed to evaporate it still leaves gum and lacquer behind. Redex has a lot of kerosene in it but also a few other goodies that like to eat dinosaur juice residue, over the years a bit of redex in the tank has worked miracles for me.

Don't know why so much opposition to redex, it doesn't cost the earth and is definitely worth trying before more invasive ( read time consuming and expensive) things are tried.
redex is fine, i have used it in the past. but if it dont help after a tankfull its not going to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egcSV650s View Post
Yeah ive been putting sea foam in my tank everytime i fill up but might go to redex. Ah right thanks will have a look in the supermarket
now as the OP has been putting seafoam in every fill up then using redex is not going to help if the seafoam is not helping. if the sefoam has helped then stop using the stuff as your bike is now running properly (your wasting money). if its not helped then its time to get more serious and do some proper diagnosing..
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote