SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-01-06, 10:01 AM   #1
tj2

Default GSX 250 vs Mercedes

Got a tad carved up by a hooge merc saloon last night, ended in a low - zero speed drop which didn't even put a scratch on the bike.....

Offending pillock carried on as if nothing had happened!!!

After getting back upright and on the bike, I went after him as the traffic was heavy, got in front just before he reached the next roundabout, stopped and went back for a word.......................

Sorry mate didnt see you was the reply......
After a few questions concerning his parentage etc, I asked if he needed his offside mirror as he didnt seem to use it? NO reply

Strangly enough the said mirror was hanging from a few wires as I walked back to my bike.......... dunno what happened there like..... maybe thats how come he didn't see me?????

Checked my bike today, and not a mark.... just glad I wasn't on the SV
tj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-06, 10:08 AM   #2
Amanda M

GSX 250s are amazingly crash proof. I had one as my first bike and it spent a lot of time on the floor Glad you're OK and hope the driver has learnt the error of his ways
Old 26-01-06, 10:11 AM   #3
Cloggsy

Default Re: GSX 250 vs Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2
Strangly enough the said mirror was hanging from a few wires as I walked back to my bike...
If you're saying what I think you're saying, you want to be really careful

Glad you're OK though
Old 26-01-06, 10:49 AM   #4
JakeRS

Waiting for that to happen to me on my ER5, has idiot bars (ex-training bike) attached to it, so it should bounce quite nicely!

Easy to ride one handed, with the wing mirror in the other...
Old 26-01-06, 12:49 PM   #5
TC3

Carry on like that and you will be up in court sometime....use your head mate cos criminal damage is not the answer....
Old 26-01-06, 01:26 PM   #6
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3
Carry on like that and you will be up in court sometime....use your head mate cos criminal damage is not the answer....
Agreed. What with you and Jelster, i think im gonna start a Car mirror suppliers
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-06, 01:56 PM   #7
Halonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3
Agreed

If they are going to knock you off, try to get your angle of descent just right to get your lid into somewhere "splintery".

Without witness statements, or "other" evidence (CCTV, nearby police car), a car getting close enough to you that you are able to reach over and yank a wing mirror off, is not going to have many grounds to complain.

Though remember people, hands are delicate items. Grabbing for wing mirrors could lead to broken fingers (not going to help with your clutch work).

Consider as alternatives;
the driver door window / carbon knuckle interface (Makes pretty crystal patterns)
OR
the Daniel Day Lewis School of thought (My Left Foot)
Old 26-01-06, 05:35 PM   #8
independentphoto

Scratched up metal toe sliders ever so gently along the side without much noise. Pricey.

Wonder where those scratches came from?

Old 26-01-06, 06:03 PM   #9
tj2

I have NO idea how the mirror came to be hanging off......

I would advise never to grab a mirror while riding alongside a car, you may fall off and damage the paint (and yourself)

As for using my head (TC3) I get enough **sholes trying to kill me on the M6 in my 44 tonner, well its either me they are trying to kill or themselves.

I drive for a living and know more about road positioning and motoring law etc than your average cage driver.

When one of them puts me down, THEY need to learn something from the experience and if I am able, I explain the error of they're ways.......
Rant over

Terry
tj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-06, 06:24 PM   #10
Carsick

I do agree with the sentiments of why you did it, but I honestly don't think you taught them a lesson.
I reckon there's a good chance that there's now one more driver who sees bikers as a nuisance and may even cause a more serious accident because of this.
That said, there's nothing to say he wouldn't have done the same anyway.