SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 18-05-06, 10:59 PM   #1
GDBD59

Default 2001 YELLOW CURVY A1 CONDITION SCOTLAND

2001 SK1 in very clean condition. 14500 miles. Yellow (pearl lively). 2 owners, current owner since 20 months old. Summer use only since less than 1 year old & sold to me in standard condition apart from race can & Suzuki seat cowl.

3 items were replaced before warranty expired:- fuel tank (rust pin-marks underneath), water pump casing (flaking paint) & rear brake torque arm (new one b/blasted & powdercoated) New tank was given coat of paint underneath to avoid repetition.....

Modifications done:

Front springs replaced with WP kit, & oil upgraded.
Rear shock replaced at approx 12,000 miles by brand new GSXR shock & custom-made stainless dog-bones.

Goodridge F/brake hoses.

Iridium screen (very good condition, looks fab, but difficult to photograph)

Colour-coded hugger & Suzuki chainguard. (done by BikePaints)

Harris Performance Rear-sets. (made for GSXR SRAD I believe, work well on SV)

Stainless steel radiator guard.

Sun Riser (Canadian-made) crash bungs, designed specifically for the SV. Best available?

K & N air filter.

Ignition retard modified.

Long-life Iridium spark plugs.

Semi-polished forks. Polished & lacquered starter motor. Zinc-plated disc mounting bolts front and rear.

Uprated headlamp bulbs.

Extenda fenda.

Exhaust........available with EITHER CCC road-legal stainless oval can (new 2005), OR Scorpion race can/stock Suzuki combo.

Ugly rear "snow-shovel" rear mudguard removed. Trimmed & pared down, using standard indicators, relocated into undertray & neat 3 l.e.d. number-plate light.

Paddock stand bobbins.

2 workshop manuals, 1 official Suzuki, 1 Haynes.

The bike has been 100% reliable, & is admired by other Scottish SV owners I know, because it's in great condition. Most of the modification info has been gleaned from this site. The changes to the suspension have improved the handling substantially, stiffening the front end, & making the rear more compliant & also damping - adjustable.

It was bought new by 1st owner at a local dealer & serviced by them for both of us until the 2 year warranty period expired. Thereafter I've done the routine stuff, oil/filters, lubricating & carb-balancing myself. Most of the time spent on the bike is keeping the finish in good order,- cleaning after every ride, minimising oxidisation on the fasteners, etc.
As a result, the bike could easily pass for half its age. I have seen photographs on the SV website with "as clean" bikes, but I've never seen one in Scotland of a similar year as good as this one.

Recently there was a yellow X-reg in the local dealer for sale in totally standard condition with 5000 less miles on it priced at £2,750 - it was a rust-bucket in comparison. I believe this bike is worth top money. The price is negotiable depending on the extras desired, but I'd rather sell it with extras included if possible. If you're after a 'curvy' SV I think you'll struggle to find a better one.

I'm looking for £2399 with all the extras & the original seat,shock & cycle parts included.

Reason for sale is I've bought another bike.......another V- twin.

Several large photo's of the bike can be seen by going to
http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISA...&userid=gdbd59
Old 22-05-06, 04:53 PM   #2
GDBD59

bump
Old 26-05-06, 06:05 PM   #3
GDBD59

bump
Old 28-05-06, 04:25 PM   #4
chriswood650

Default Re: 2001 YELLOW CURVY A1 CONDITION SCOTLAND

Sold it yet??