SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-08-19, 09:37 AM   #7591
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Cheers Gary

I did manage to do some admin for the solicitor, which saved me going into work.

Time to call the doctor for some advice.

What does help me out is the kindness of family and friends to get me through this dark time
See if you can get a referral for some counselling Mav. It may help you to deal with and come to terms with the situation you're in a little better.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-19, 09:43 AM   #7592
maviczap
Mega Poster

Doctor has sent me a link to our local Wellbeing and I can get some done through work

But I had some the other week, and my counsellor said I wasn't depressed, just stressed out.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-19, 12:09 PM   #7593
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Doctor has sent me a link to our local Wellbeing and I can get some done through work

But I had some the other week, and my counsellor said I wasn't depressed, just stressed out.
I'd have thought high levels of stress would be a good enough reason for counselling on how to deal with it. So much of it can depend on who the counsellor is.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-19, 08:15 PM   #7594
daktulos

A letter from a bank today about my new current account ... which I know nothing about. Identity theft. *sigh*
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-19, 07:38 AM   #7595
Kenzie

Christmas stuff has started appearing. Went to Tesco and all the chocolate is out....

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-19, 10:26 AM   #7596
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daktulos View Post
A letter from a bank today about my new current account ... which I know nothing about. Identity theft. *sigh*

...that sounds scary.

NatWest seem to have got the security message, after entering a user account number and a pin they now text me another code which lasts 20 minutes before I can alter anything on my accounts. They also blocked a payment to the USA and 2 ebay/paypal payments and locked the card until I called them.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 08:57 PM   #7597
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Selling bikes... urrghh, grrrr.

Still going through it.

I actually had someone turn up today after numerous no shows, promises of " I definitely want it " and countless horrible people some of which turned quite nasty on emails etc when I wouldn't give in to them and low offers /demands.

The guy today seemed decent, was very keen (currently riding a loan Tracer from insurance company so knows he likes them) and put down a deposit and organised to come collect on Sunday. So I was able to get the deposit down on a bike I'm buying and secure it. My buyer is paying Wednesday or Thursday and I need to pay in full Friday to collect Friday or Saturday.

All good... but this evening he's started messaging me with insurance quotes he's getting on the region of £7000! Turns out his insurance claim that he's got the loan bike on is still open. He's been compensated for his bike loss and has paid in the cheque, which clears by Wednesday for him to pay me. But he thinks the claim is affecting future quotes. I think I know what is coming next. I'm fully expecting him to ask for his deposit back tomorrow. Only I've already passed it on to the guy I am buying from.

This has been the most drawn out horrible experience I've ever had selling a bike or car. Some of the people I've had to deal with have been so unpleasant and threatening. I've wasted so much time waiting for people who don't turn up and answering questions from daydreamers.

I'm really hoping this guy actually goes through with buying it but I'm having serious doubts he will. I've really had enough. I think next time I'll be looking to trade in with a dealer. I can totally see why people do it now.

Last edited by Adam Ef; 01-09-19 at 08:59 PM.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 09:14 PM   #7598
zsv650s

Quote:
Still going through it.

I actually had someone turn up today after numerous no shows, promises of " I definitely want it " and countless horrible people some of which turned quite nasty on emails etc when I wouldn't give in to them and low offers /demands.

The guy today seemed decent, was very keen (currently riding a loan Tracer from insurance company so knows he likes them) and put down a deposit and organised to come collect on Sunday. So I was able to get the deposit down on a bike I'm buying and secure it. My buyer is paying Wednesday or Thursday and I need to pay in full Friday to collect Friday or Saturday.

All good... but this evening he's started messaging me with insurance quotes he's getting on the region of £7000! Turns out his insurance claim that he's got the loan bike on is still open. He's been compensated for his bike loss and has paid in the cheque, which clears by Wednesday for him to pay me. But he thinks the claim is affecting future quotes. I think I know what is coming next. I'm fully expecting him to ask for his deposit back tomorrow. Only I've already passed it on to the guy I am buying from.

This has been the most drawn out horrible experience I've ever had selling a bike or car. Some of the people I've had to deal with have been so unpleasant and threatening. I've wasted so much time waiting for people who don't turn up and answering questions from daydreamers.

I'm really hoping this guy actually goes through with buying it but I'm having serious doubts he will. I've really had enough. I think next time I'll be looking to trade in with a dealer. I can totally see why people do it now.
Yep tyre kickers can kiss my ass not worth the hassle I've either got a dealer to sell for me or part chopped it.
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 09:52 PM   #7599
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

The dilemna I'm expecting to face tomorrow is should I refund his deposit when /if he asks? And if so, how? I've already passed it on to the guy I'm buying from and I'm brassic... part of the reason for selling the Tracer is I have debts and the next bike is cheaper. So I don't actually have it to give back. I know deposits are meant to be a commitment and non-refundable but if the guy isn't going to go through with the next bit of actually buying it then I can't see it being worth my while to try and push or pursue the situation.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 10:24 PM   #7600
zsv650s

Quote:
The dilemna I'm expecting to face tomorrow is should I refund his deposit when /if he asks? And if so, how? I've already passed it on to the guy I'm buying from and I'm brassic... part of the reason for selling the Tracer is I have debts and the next bike is cheaper. So I don't actually have it to give back. I know deposits are meant to be a commitment and non-refundable but if the guy isn't going to go through with the next bit of actually buying it then I can't see it being worth my while to try and push or pursue the situation.
It's a ****ty situation that's not your fault and I don't really have much of an answer tbh you could say sorry bro y I u committed to buying it so either pay the rest and take the bike or you lose the deposit or explain to the dealer the situation get that back and refund the guy up to you ballache I know.
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote