SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-10-19, 09:31 AM   #7681
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Luckily my employer pays me back if I have it done, so cost isn't the issue here.

Even if I did have to pay, I'd still have it, it's worth it for reducing the chance of getting ill.

Why my employer doesn't set it up so we get the jab done at work to those who want it is beyond me.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-19, 09:53 AM   #7682
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Trying to avoid dwelling on gripes at the moment, but...

Yodel couriers! I ordered an attachment for our pressure washer last week to unblock a drain in kind of an emergency but not too urgent situation at home (can't get through our front door due to backed up drain flood, could be worse I know).
Yodel were meant to have delivered it by the end of last week. Tracking stalled last Thursday. It's been saying out for delivery every day. The text shows it's in Bristol, but the map on their site shows it as Barnstaple! The only way to contact Yodel is via webchat, which is constantly disabled on their site as it's too busy apparently. It's been that way for the last few days. The other help pages lead you round in circles. Short of going to find a depot there's no way I can talk to anyone about it.
Meanwhile the non urgent flood is now getting to looking like it will be in our front door soon and being drains, is not too pleasant. If I'd known it would get to this I'd probably have got Dynorod round on our insurance, but I didn't foresee such incompetence from a large courier. I'm now banging my head against a wall trying to sort it.

And a different delivery... people who force you to pay top cost first class postage on parcels buying things from them and then take four days to post it!! Then when they arrive another four days later they have cheap postage on them, much less than they forced you to pay! Aargh!

I need to get outside today!
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-19, 05:28 PM   #7683
Bibio
Mega Poster

i must be lucky. i pretty much always get parcels fast so never pay for express. the quickest i have had is 8hrs (48hr) from Manchester... i shizz you not.. i was gobsmacked.

my postie is superb.. if packages are dodgey or split he always puts it in another bag for me.

mind you Edinburgh is the main hub for flight freight/sorting and Kirkcaldy is main sorting office.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-19, 05:53 PM   #7684
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
My appointment for having the flu jab have been cancelled twice now, once with Boots and now with Lloyds pharmacies.

Can't even be blamed on Brexit yet

Both haven't had delivery from the manufacturer
See smile of the day, but now my arm hurts
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-19, 06:30 PM   #7685
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

eBay sellers.
Old 31-10-19, 08:40 PM   #7686
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Went to roll the VFR out of the garage this morning to get to work and it felt very heavy to roll forwards. Checked back tyre as it was looking a bit flat and found part of someones smashed mirror lodged in the tread. It's a Michelin Road 5 that I fitted a month ago. Approximately 800 miles on it. I tried a mushroom plug to get me to work and back but it didn't seal it. The punture is a slit from the shard of mirror rather than a round hole. Now investing in proper repair patches, vulcanising solution, inner sealer, buffing solution, tools etc in an attempt to not lose a very new tyre. Costing about £40 in bits to get kitted out to do proper puncture repairs. Damn.

+ Note to self : Always check bike is ok before going to the trouble of getting everything packed up ready for a bike commute and and winter kit on etc.

Last edited by Adam Ef; 31-10-19 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-11-19, 11:50 PM   #7687
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

eBay sellers and buyers are doing my head in at the moment

Sold some stuff that's collection only, no contact from winning bidder until I opened a case and he messaged me to arrange collection. Never showed up and has no response to my messages.

Won an auction for a van which the seller said was no longer available but the truth was it didn't go for as much as he wanted.
Was winning on another one, messaged the seller some questions that he kind of answered, won the auction but seller was being a bit weird about giving me his address etc to collect and insisting on a bank transfer instead of cash on collection which started ringing alarm bells for me. A bit more checking and it turns out the van had been written off

Won another van on eBay auction last night, have messaged the seller this morning and this evening trying to arrange collection and getting no reply from him.

Last edited by dirtydog; 01-11-19 at 11:56 PM.
dirtydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-19, 09:04 AM   #7688
Seeker
Mega Poster

How's your week? My car failed its MOT on brakes (£200 - Toyota main dealer), my a/c doesn't work because the condenser has a leak (£560 Toyota main dealer - I won't bother, you can get an aftermarket condenser for £100 but I never use the a/c and the car is 10 years old). My c/heating has a leak and, although it was repaired, it looks like the system need to be repiped (pipes are buried at the moment) because the hall carpet/underlay is damp/wet and the wetness pattern follows the pipe track. Quote pending. My dormer roof is going to be re-felted since it's 20 years old (£750). My road tax reminder for the SV has just arrived £91 (has it gone up, I thought it was £80 ish?). I wasn't expecting big bills this month so I bought a dehumidifier (£250). The electrician who wired up my garage had quoted "about £240" but on the second day he was talking about keeping the cost down to £420. I pointed out his quote and I begrudgingly (and generously, I thought) gave him £300. He did point out that my electric shower is not protected by which time I'd got my fingers in my ears going: "la-la-la, I can't hear you". (He's going to quote me).
Old 06-11-19, 12:16 PM   #7689
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Similar. I keep feeling like I earn money, but every time I get home from work more has gone out than I've brought in.

Rubbish time of year too. It doesn't help my mood that the roads keep nearly drying out and then it rains again just to spoil the thought of having any fun going for a ride to escape the everyday crap.
Old 06-11-19, 08:48 PM   #7690
chris8886
Mega Poster

Took a shoulder shot to my defib and ribs whilst playing hockey on Saturday, bloody painful on Sunday and still is. Then had to play squash last night to qualify in the work tournament going on and today the pain is even worse and every single bump in the road whilst on the bike is horrible, makes me realise actually how uneven the M1 is. Even standing up and sitting down is agony!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob

Last edited by chris8886; 06-11-19 at 08:50 PM.
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote