SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-05-06, 07:10 AM   #1
Muzzy

Default Problems with my bike can someone help!!!

I took may bike out last week for a little ride. On the way home it started to rain quite heavy. When i got round the corner from home the bike seemed to lose power and sound a very deep/dull sound! The revs were dropping and it cut out a few times.

I got it home and assumed it was the rain as i have no fender extender (i read about a common problem on here). I put the bike in the garden and covered in the view to having a look some time this week.

Anyway i got it out yesterday and it is still the same, if it was the rain then this would have dried out by now so i am now worried.

Does anyone have any idea ?
Old 13-05-06, 07:40 AM   #2
PeterM

Check and clear your drain hole for the cylinder mate. If it's clogged then the water can't drain out. Also take off your lead and spray some wd-40, or similar around. When you put everything back together get hold of some electrical grease to help seal things properly and stop this from happening again.
Old 13-05-06, 01:26 PM   #3
Muzzy

Ecxellent Peter thank you i will give it a go in a minute