SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-10-18, 10:56 AM   #6401
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
sick and fekin tired of having to update my fekin tv.. i dont want or need to update the thing.. it works so why do i need to update it. and no you cant just press cancel..... AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGG.
I feel the same about Windows 10. Autumn update is now due, i wonder what'll break this time?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-18, 08:20 AM   #6402
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I feel the same about Windows 10. Autumn update is now due, i wonder what'll break this time?

This update doesn't break anything. But it might delete all your files
Old 05-10-18, 12:19 PM   #6403
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Following on from my Smile of the Day...

Listening to the rally cars and not being able to go watch because its my turn for on-call!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-18, 08:02 PM   #6404
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

And following on from my Smile of the Day...

Twonks on trains who put their muddy shoes on the seats (I noticed in time) and equally annoying gits who spend the entire journey kicking the back of your seat. I'll take the car next time.
Old 07-10-18, 09:39 AM   #6405
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
I crashed my radio controlled plane this morning I think I've finally realised that this is one skill that needs some tuition - there's no room for making mistakes. The take off was ok and I was flying at about 75 feet (too low really), I did a gentle left turn without a problem and then tried to bring it back down wind when gravity stepped in because of what it saw as a violation and the plane met a turnip field at a rather acute angle.

The propeller was smashed and the wings are back into two pieces with a chunk missing out of one aileron. I think it's fixable.

Then a lady pulled up in a land rover and berated me for trespass, fortunately I had asked the farmer (her uncle, as it transpired) for permission but he hadn't mentioned it to her. It ended up in one of those typically British things where we both apologise as much as possible.

Still, she did inform me that there was a flying club in another corner of the airfield and she will text me their number.

It was 49 years ago on the same airfield when I last crashed in another rash "I can do this on my own" moment. Well, apparently, I can't, there are times you need help (and I hate asking).
I've always fancied an RC plane but i know crashing and fixing will wind me up, as well as the cost.

I enjoy going to the shows they have round here, so I'll stick to that.

Old 07-10-18, 09:41 AM   #6406
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
I crashed my radio controlled plane this morning I think I've finally realised that this is one skill that needs some tuition - there's no room for making mistakes. The take off was ok and I was flying at about 75 feet (too low really), I did a gentle left turn without a problem and then tried to bring it back down wind when gravity stepped in because of what it saw as a violation and the plane met a turnip field at a rather acute angle.

The propeller was smashed and the wings are back into two pieces with a chunk missing out of one aileron. I think it's fixable.

Then a lady pulled up in a land rover and berated me for trespass, fortunately I had asked the farmer (her uncle, as it transpired) for permission but he hadn't mentioned it to her. It ended up in one of those typically British things where we both apologise as much as possible.

Still, she did inform me that there was a flying club in another corner of the airfield and she will text me their number.

It was 49 years ago on the same airfield when I last crashed in another rash "I can do this on my own" moment. Well, apparently, I can't, there are times you need help (and I hate asking).
You need one (or more ) of these

http://www.theparkpilot.org/stabilization-systems

Some purists would call it cheating, ( https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...izer-YES-OR-NO ) but if it prevents expensive and demoralising crashes - who cares. Have you considered a drone - they have these as standard.. (doubt if they would be controllable otherwise).

There is one in pretty much every cell phone on the planet, that is how the phone knows to rotate the screen when phone is rotated.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 07-10-18 at 09:51 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-18, 09:54 AM   #6407
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Maybe there's hope for me then.

Old 07-10-18, 10:05 AM   #6408
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Maybe there's hope for me then.

you can even get inexpensive satellite ( less than £20) GPS for small planes so that they can come back to you, or you can plot a flight course. Good quality stabilisers can be had for less than £40, but I believe have to be compatible with your RC kit, some can be turned on and off from RC transmitter button during flight, so if you get into trouble or in windy conditions you can 'invoke the stabiliser' to level plane out - sounds good to me. The amount of high tech kit available these days is mind boggling, I crashed a few RC planes more than a few years ago and gave up as being too stupid / uncoordinated to fly them, maybe there is hope for me too ...

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/aircraft...___store=en_us

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 07-10-18 at 10:07 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-18, 10:32 AM   #6409
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Get a credit card with the bank you have a current account with first maybe, that might fix your credit history/records?

Triumph and Suzuki owner
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-18, 10:40 AM   #6410
Bibio
Mega Poster

welcome to the credit merry go round club. you cant get credit if you have not had credit as you dont have a credit score. you cant get a credit score until you start paying bills with direct debit and so on or get credit.. the wheels on the bus go round and round....

i have no debts, own my own home outright, have stayed at the same address for 22 years, have money in the bank and pay all my bills on time every time. do i qualify for a 0% credit card... no. why... as they know i wont default or miss payments so make no money from me.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote