SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-12-06, 11:06 PM   #1
jebus

Default huff fittting

i have just got one of the oxford huff things, but i cant see how i can fit it, little test fits and it just hits me cheeks as it gets put on and gets moved outa way and digs into my cheeks as it goes on. my lid is a agv gp pro. any ideas?
Old 30-12-06, 11:40 PM   #2
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Bump

*Bump*
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-06, 04:50 PM   #3
oldjack

I tried one 'cos my visor was steaming up occasionally, thinking it would deflect my breath away from the visor, but it just seemed to divert it around the huff, and the visor steamed up worse. I think it may have been obstructing the vents in the helmet shell designed to blow air across the inside of the visor. Anyway its consigned to my bike odds & ends drawer along with other stuff which sounded good but didn't work.

(My helmets a cheapo Nitro).
Old 31-12-06, 05:15 PM   #4
jim@55

Default Re: huff fittting

[quote="jebus. my lid is a agv gp pro. any ideas?[/quote]

yeah,throw it in the bin ive got one as well ,if they fit well i think theyre ok ,but mine was a hopeless fit ,scratched my face and just not very good at all,iv got an arai the padding is quite a good fit so theres not much room for the breath thingy ,its another fog city for me
Old 31-12-06, 06:49 PM   #5
cuffy

I just bought a "Progrip" light reactive insert, goes dark in sun light and lightens up when it gets dark, also stops it misting up too
Had one of those breath deflectors in my old lid and it use to keep falling out