SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

BSB & WSB Goto BSB Website
Goto WSB Website

Old 28-09-09, 01:26 PM   #1
plowsie

Default Well done son! Leon Camier

Sealed the championship yesterday with a win in race one! We were lucky enough to be there, a great days entertainment with a man who deserved to win, winning the championship. James Ellison is hot property though and really showed it yesterday, hopefully this will lead to good things next season.

Well done Leon!

Old 28-09-09, 02:18 PM   #2
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Default Re: Well done son! Leon Camier

Camier has been the class of the field. He made everyone else look like amateurs this season. He's made a couple of mistakes (but has held his hand up every time instead of whinging - good lad), but even then has battled to the end to secure points. Thoroughly deserved.

Ellison is a funny one though. He's been there and done it at every level. I was expecting more from him tbh.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-09, 02:23 PM   #3
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Camier has been the class of the field. He made everyone else look like amateurs this season. He's made a couple of mistakes (but has held his hand up every time instead of whinging - good lad), but even then has battled to the end to secure points. Thoroughly deserved.

Ellison is a funny one though. He's been there and done it at every level. I was expecting more from him tbh.
Camier yesterday, in race two after the pile up (which we were right in front of ), really shafted himself coming into Abbey trying to pass Ellison, and his later braking always made him end up on the outside of riders, this time, he went down the inside and missed his braking point completely, of the track and back to ninth, enter the Camier show, 7 or 8 laps later he was back up to 2nd.
Old 28-09-09, 02:24 PM   #4
Alpinestarhero

A few seasons back I watched him on the yellow bike animal honda barrel into the first turn of the first race of the championship at brands.

First time i'd seen or heard of him, right then I knew he'd be able to clinch the number 1 plate within a few years.

Well done that man. Or is that kid? he's younger than me I think!

At least another season in BSB to prove his worth before he should move up, I think. Its one thing getting a championship under your belt, but the next season people have upped their game to meet your's...and its here you have to show you can defend your title

Scoobs, I agree about ellison. Maybe he just hasnt had the focus, always worrying about where the next job will be. But i think he is staying next season with the airwaves team? Maybe this will help him to focus and finally live up to hype

Last edited by Alpinestarhero; 28-09-09 at 02:25 PM.
Old 28-09-09, 02:35 PM   #5
DanAbnormal

Yup, was watching it from teh VIP box in Brooklands suite yesterday. Smug!

Enjoyed the BSS more though, that move on Plater was naughty, glad he got the spot back.
Old 28-09-09, 02:37 PM   #6
plowsie

Twas indeed, we were up in the complex in front of the MX boys and Craig Jones till after Race 1 in SBK, then moved to Abbey Hairpin so missed the move but saw it on the big screen, which i must say were very useful!