SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-08-08, 01:54 PM   #1
Paws

Default My "suprise" birthday arrival/present

Well as alot of you know my little cousin was expecting a baby....

10.20pm on 29th Aug 2008 (my birthday aswell ) he arrived, 12 hours in labour, natural all the way up until the end where they had to use forceps.
7lbs 10 ozs.
Mum and baby are fine, he has new parents awaiting him- a couple who have had 5 attempts at ivf.
Old 31-08-08, 02:01 PM   #2
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: My "suprise" birthday arrival/present

Normally I would pass on congratulations etc. But in this case perhaps congratulations to the new parents and a hope that your cousin has learnt something from this hard lesson.
Old 31-08-08, 02:42 PM   #3
Ed

A happy ending then.
Old 31-08-08, 02:49 PM   #4
shonadoll

That's a wonderful thing for her to do. It must be really really hard for her, I wish her all the best.
Old 31-08-08, 02:51 PM   #5
missyburd

All's well that ends well then (or as well as they can be given the awkward circumstances ). Well done to your cousin for a successful birth, it won't have been easy! At least she can get on now knowing she's made that couple very happy I'm sure
Old 31-08-08, 04:13 PM   #6
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Hey chick, hope your cousin is OK after what I am sure was a hard birth in more than one way. Think what she is doing is brill and probably the correct thing to do but I hope she copes OK with this in years to come. May be OK now but this will be with her for life.

Good job she good a good 'un like you about

Wishing everyone all the best
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-08, 04:37 PM   #7
ThEGr33k

Good that some good has come from it!

Lets hope she has leant her lesson
Old 31-08-08, 08:07 PM   #8
tanis34

nice to know the birth went well ,good luck to all concerned including the new family at least some good has come out of a very differcult situation
Old 31-08-08, 09:17 PM   #9
lily

Glad the birth went well.......

can't be easy giving birth to a baby and then having to give it up. But she has done a wonderful thing for the baby's new parents.
Old 31-08-08, 11:16 PM   #10
Paws

ah slight hitch here-she hasnt given him up..yet...she has a few weeks to think about it all and decide what she wants to do, shes coming home tomorrow but he will stay there for a few more days and then will either come "home" or temp foster care until its 100% clear what her decision will be