SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-10-08, 08:34 PM   #1
nigelv68

Default Bar riser kits

Hi all ,
I have an sv 1000 sz that is uncomfortable through traffic for me I need to change the riding position.I previously did it on my (juSt sold) 650 with the lsl kit and renthals was real comfy( wondering why I sold it till I gas the new one , then .... oh YES !!.
I dont want to go that extreme again , and was thinking of the Gilles vario kit fo the thou , has anyone any experience of them and can you get away with all stock items eg throttle cables clutch/brake hoses etc ?

or even the 25mm bar riser kit from banditmania ? anyone used these ?
Old 19-10-08, 08:40 PM   #2
zsv650

Default Re: Bar riser kits

have you seen the clip ons banditmania sell did the trick with my old s not sure youd get away with the standard hoses though i bought a set of goodridges and seemed to work well.
Old 20-10-08, 07:45 AM   #3
Dangerous Dave

LSL tourer clip-ons are good, or the Gilles Vario....

ABM comfort kit

Old 21-10-08, 11:01 PM   #4
nigelv68

Question Re: Bar riser kits

Got my mind set on an expensive set of Gilles vario's..... I wouldn't touch the abm kit from 998's with a very large barge pole, after a long battle with them the last time I attempted to make a purchase thus resulting in ,very poor customer service and no kit supplied after having my £275 for over a month, I have sworn NEVER to use them again.

Rant over !

Back to the main issue , that being I wish to keep the original bar configuration ie on the forks and not a top yoke conversion .

Anybody have experience of the vario kit ?

Last edited by nigelv68; 21-10-08 at 11:05 PM. Reason: tired
Old 22-10-08, 07:59 AM   #5
startrek.steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelv68 View Post

Got my mind set on an expensive set of Gilles vario's..... I wouldn't touch the abm kit from 998's with a very large barge pole, after a long battle with them the last time I attempted to make a purchase thus resulting in ,very poor customer service and no kit supplied after having my £275 for over a month, I have sworn NEVER to use them again.

Rant over !
I was thinking of getting one of those from 998 for my curvy, but they told me I'd have to cut off about two inches on each side of my double-bubble windscreen to give full lock! for £275 quid I dont think so!!!

Steve
Old 22-10-08, 08:08 AM   #6
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek.steve View Post
they told me I'd have to cut off about two inches on each side of my double-bubble windscreen to give full lock! for £275 quid I dont think so!!!
Just the end pieces....

This is the first complaint I have heard about 998cc, they have always been very good and efficient. They ABM kits are available from other sources mind...

The Gilles Varios are good, I have ridden a TL1000S with them fitted and thought it was excellent that you can easily adjust the bars to suit you perfectly. Just don't go for the gold ones, looks too tarty!
Old 26-10-08, 07:57 PM   #7
nigelv68

Guess I was just unlucky...... still never getting my money again !