SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-01-22, 02:27 PM   #10401
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

whats the actual consequences of the actions if found to be true?

fines? public humiliation? jail? removal from office?

i dont know why the media and public are getting so upset about it. or is it the fact a lot of people dont like BoZo rather than what has happened...... its not just BoZo that was there so how about publicly humiliating/name and shame ever single member that was there instead of just BoZo.

if found guilty the remove every single member that was there from office..........
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-22, 02:28 PM   #10402
embee
Mega Poster

Several learned folk (high court judges etc) have sated categorically that until the Plod actually start proceeding against anyone then there is no reason for any report by Gray to be redacted or restricted in any way, regardless of what it contains.
Gray doesn't have full control of it, she is working to the instruction of the PM and therefore must obey his will. If the PM and the Met have come to an arrangement or agreement (and the Met have published the fact that they have been negotiating with the Cabinet Office and thus PM) then she is over-ruled.

As for knowing what the report was going to include, I think that's a known unknown.

Independent inquiry? It doesn't meet any of the tests I'd apply.

Stinky-poos?

Edit - re the above post, the question of whether the PM misled Parliament is a fairly significant issue. Fines for anyone who attended and/or organised the events are a considerable aspect though in my mind of relatively little importance.

Last edited by embee; 30-01-22 at 02:30 PM.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-22, 03:50 PM   #10403
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i dont know why the media and public are getting so upset about it. or is it the fact a lot of people dont like BoZo rather than what has happened...... its not just BoZo that was there so how about publicly humiliating/name and shame ever single member that was there instead of just BoZo.

if found guilty the remove every single member that was there from office..........
...because during the week of one party (May 20), 800 people received fines.
...because people's loved ones died and relatives couldn't be near.
...because weddings, funerals were all affected by the restrictions on numbers
...because these people set the damn rules.

The question isn't why some are getting upset, it's why everyone isn't in the streets with pitchforks.

Why Bozo? As previously mentioned he lied, he continues to lie, he never apologises, he sets the tone that the cabinet follows. Why are some Tories complaining? Because he's dragging the party down in the polls for the first time since 2019.

Yes, anyone attending the parties should also be punished.

I think it amusing and quite the ethical conundrum that BoZo is going to speak to Putin (about Ukraine) when the Tories get a lot of funding from Russians, some of our media is controlled by Russians and the upper end of the London housing market is helped by Russian oligarch's transactions.

I remember when it was the Labour Party that was allegedly tied to the Soviets, how things have changed.
Old 30-01-22, 04:06 PM   #10404
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
What brand did you go for Trev? It sounds like an expensive paperweight currently
Witter, so it's a proper well known brand name. What's the betting the fitter will claim its the bike carrier and try to walk away...?

Section 75 credit card protection claim, small claims court if I really have to.
Old 30-01-22, 05:25 PM   #10405
Bibio
Mega Poster

thaught i would splash out on new keyboard and mouse so i chose logitech thinking that they would work together... ermm no even though they are advertised on the same page...

both are bluetooth but only trackball is wireless. why they dont just chuck a bluetooth dongle in instead of the unifying i dont know.... morons.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-22, 06:16 PM   #10406
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Witter, so it's a proper well known brand name. What's the betting the fitter will claim its the bike carrier and try to walk away...?

Section 75 credit card protection claim, small claims court if I really have to.
More than likely! Shame that it's not working how it should be. Especially considering the considerable cost.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-22, 06:20 PM   #10407
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
...because during the week of one party (May 20), 800 people received fines.
...because people's loved ones died and relatives couldn't be near.
...because weddings, funerals were all affected by the restrictions on numbers
...because these people set the damn rules.

The question isn't why some are getting upset, it's why everyone isn't in the streets with pitchforks.

Why Bozo? As previously mentioned he lied, he continues to lie, he never apologises, he sets the tone that the cabinet follows. Why are some Tories complaining? Because he's dragging the party down in the polls for the first time since 2019.

Yes, anyone attending the parties should also be punished.

I think it amusing and quite the ethical conundrum that BoZo is going to speak to Putin (about Ukraine) when the Tories get a lot of funding from Russians, some of our media is controlled by Russians and the upper end of the London housing market is helped by Russian oligarch's transactions.

I remember when it was the Labour Party that was allegedly tied to the Soviets, how things have changed.
Unfortunately, it's because most of the main stream press & social media don't show it/prioritise it as a top story & outlay the implications. (more than likely due to links between the parties). I mean if Cambridge Analytica were around, they could probably do something about it

BMW F800ST
Old 30-01-22, 07:04 PM   #10408
svenrico

'because during the week of one party (May 20), 800 people received fines'.
So why is it so difficult to establish that the rules were broken in Downing Street and fine the people concerned ?!
(apart from the blatant lying, obfuscation and likely cover up and whitewash !)
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-22, 07:23 PM   #10409
DJ123
Mega Poster

It's not difficult to establish rules were broken. The difficulty is remembering which rules applied to the public, and what applied to them . . . . . once that is known, we then know what rules they broke. But i think it was just a work thing

BMW F800ST
Old 31-01-22, 07:12 PM   #10410
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
More than likely! Shame that it's not working how it should be. Especially considering the considerable cost.
The fitter actually turned up today (unlike last week) and straight away found a wire was not connected. I stayed outside with him, pretending to just be chatty, so I could see what he did. It was flippin' obvious even to me that the unconnected wire only had about two mm of exposed cable so I'm not surprised it did not stay attached to the relay module. At least I know where it is now if anything else fails so I can check it myself. VERY shoddy workmanship.

On a brighter note I can now go and collect our new ebikes on Saturday. Yay.