SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-12-04, 12:55 PM   #1
Tris

Default The SV Family

Just been raving around this Lunch time and found the thread abouts Coombests' off.

I don't know the guy but hope he's mending well!

Being new to this biking lark, the thing that never ceases to amaze me about the people who live in this part of cyberspace is how caring and supportive you all are.

It is a feature of much of modern life that is sadly missing, and if this attitude typical of the majority of bikers, then I'm glad I joined the club

So this a big to you all.

Tris

PS
Just felt I needed to get that off my chest!
Old 08-12-04, 01:01 PM   #2
Iansv

It certainly is good to see there are still decent people in this world.... bikers are generally a friendlier bunch but there are always rotten apples
Old 08-12-04, 01:27 PM   #3
jonboy

Yeah so don't listen to the bloke above.

(Only joking Ian!)
Old 08-12-04, 02:03 PM   #4
coombest

Default Re: The SV Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris
Just been raving around this Lunch time and found the thread abouts Coombests' off.

I don't know the guy but hope he's mending well!
Yeah, I'm doing pretty well thanks! I still ache a fair bit but I can deal with that! (I'm well-'ard, me!!)

Quote:
Being new to this biking lark, the thing that never ceases to amaze me about the people who live in this part of cyberspace is how caring and supportive you all are.
Very true!
I have met quite a few people from this site and each and every one of them has been great! I have also made some very good friends, one in particular pretty much saved my life a few weeks ago!

Quote:
It is a feature of much of modern life that is sadly missing, and if this attitude typical of the majority of bikers, then I'm glad I joined the club
So am I... I am still amazed by the fact that my old school mates used to be scared by the fact that I went to bike races as they thought I'd come back black & blue!!! Quite the contrary actually! People would talk to you, lend you their program and all sorts... I never experienced that at any other sporting event!

Quote:
So this a big to you all.
I'll second that!!
Old 08-12-04, 02:49 PM   #5
nuntius

Bikers are lucky in that they appreciate each other just for choosing to ride a bike, where as car drivers have nothing in common and so act hostile towards each other. You wouldn't find a bike rider tooting and swearing at another rider for being a tiny bit slow when a light turns green. Well, you would, but only when I'm behind my dad because it ****es him off.

I thought this thread was actually about your whole family riding SVs from the title. My dad's on a sv1000s k3, so I was going to say 'hey, what's up family of svs friend'
Old 08-12-04, 02:57 PM   #6
MavUK

The fact that bikers are so friendly (in the main) is something I have always liked. I used to go to Matlock on sunday afternoons and most of the bikers there were quite nice even to the car drivers (beforemy test).

The only thing I have close in the car is my Spit. Most triumph owners wave to each other frequently, and useually stop if someone in a triumph has stopped at the side of the road.

Both groups are a great bunch of people.

As for you guys, you've made me welcome since I got the bike, for that thanks!

Stu
Old 08-12-04, 03:02 PM   #7
coombest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavUK
The fact that bikers are so friendly (in the main) is something I have always liked. I used to go to Matlock on sunday afternoons and most of the bikers there were quite nice even to the car drivers (beforemy test).

The only thing I have close in the car is my Spit. Most triumph owners wave to each other frequently, and useually stop if someone in a triumph has stopped at the side of the road.

Both groups are a great bunch of people.

As for you guys, you've made me welcome since I got the bike, for that thanks!

Stu
True! I found the same thing & have also stopped for the odd biker to see that they are OK!

MG drivers usually nod, wave or flash their lights too... I suppose it's something to do with loving something that's a bit different to 'the norm!'
Old 08-12-04, 03:21 PM   #8
K

So this is why people say I'm a nice person - I own both an SV650S and an MGBGT.
Old 08-12-04, 03:23 PM   #9
coombest

Quote:
Originally Posted by K
So this is why people say I'm a nice person - I own both an SV650S and an MGBGT.
Brilliant choice of motor vehicles there!! What model 'B' do you have!?
Old 08-12-04, 03:25 PM   #10
MavUK

OK I can be nice - MG's are nice cars as well...

Stu