SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-06-07, 06:53 PM   #1
muffles

Default There's a few GSX-R owners here ...

... that might appreciate this:

Finally found the perfect exhaust (imo) for the GSX-R! Imagine the below, but in a carbon fibre (not titanium) sleeve....all black exhaust

Ordered today, due to be delivered from Akrapovic to the company I've ordered from on the 24th July....so long to wait!!

These exhausts have been on the coming soon page at www.akrapovic-exhaust.com for soooo long....I can't wait to get my hands on one!

Old 27-06-07, 07:52 PM   #2
andyaikido

Default Re: There's a few GSX-R owners here ...

Looks good, like it's supposed to be there. IMHO Akra never do a bad looking can. I'd get one for my RR but they don't the hex end cap for the '04.
Old 28-06-07, 05:47 AM   #3
muffles

Yeah it's really been all about the looks for me, I have searched high and low for a can that really makes me want to buy it! Do they do a hex can for a later RR you could retrofit (or are they a lot different)? They've definitely got one for the ZX636 but that might be a bit too much effort to fit on!
Old 28-06-07, 08:54 AM   #4
carty

That exhaust looks sweet! Might have to get one! Muffles, any idea on cost? Is it just a slip-on or full system you're going for?

I really like the sound and looks of the stock system and lots of people have said how loud / nice it is - but that Akrapovic does look good!

Cheers,
Matt
Old 28-06-07, 11:56 AM   #5
muffles

The standard system is loud-ish but I fancy a deeper growl and you know when you hear IL4's screaming? I just want that sound yep I'm a tart! lol...

I'm getting a road-legal slip-on, it's £328 + £10 postage, but these exhaust seem rare on the ground. I ordered from www.performanceparts-ltd.com, but as mentioned they won't get it until 24th July...

If you fancy seeing a few of the exhausts try this link http://www.gixerjunkies.net/forum/sh...ad.php?t=16579 there aren't many they haven't got but none of the others really stood out to me!
Old 28-06-07, 12:01 PM   #6
DanAbnormal

Not being a gixxer owner I think this fad of tiny stubby things look horrid. Give me a proper exhaust any day of the week. Underseat exhausts are the future I tell ya!
Old 28-06-07, 12:11 PM   #7
muffles

gixxer/r6 owner

I quite like the look myself, probably because all too often I see "normal" (not underseat) exhausts looking too long and unwieldy.

Actually it's funny your comment on the underseat ones, cos I've heard a few people moaning about them (not on here) and how a proper exhaust is one at the side of the bike, lol!
Old 28-06-07, 12:18 PM   #8
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
gixxer/r6 owner

I quite like the look myself, probably because all too often I see "normal" (not underseat) exhausts looking too long and unwieldy.

Actually it's funny your comment on the underseat ones, cos I've heard a few people moaning about them (not on here) and how a proper exhaust is one at the side of the bike, lol!
I guess it's horses for courses and all that. I love the look of the underseat exhaust, standard ones of course look pretty cool but I agree that OEM one's are usually way too long and look like they could take out an M1 Abrams!

My Hornet has a kind of underseat but to the side affair, best of both worlds (of course in my humble opinion)!
Old 28-06-07, 12:23 PM   #9
Steve H

A proper exhaust is a big one that sits at the side of the bike.

Must admit that the Akro 'stubby' looks the best of the bunch.
Old 28-06-07, 12:59 PM   #10
muffles

My friend's got a 600 hornet too, it does look good (though he has twin high-level Devil cans - both on same side - but I've seen the original)

I do like underseat cans too, but ones at the side I think I'm too new a biker and hence have been tainted and don't appreciate the history of the normal location, as it were ! Though some can look nice - e.g. I like the slightly-stubby look of the can on the K5/K6 GSX-R 1000