SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-07-16, 09:43 AM   #1
smiley125

Default Sfv gladius dealer mode, possible pump fault?

So the missus has gone away on holiday and left me with the problem of fixing her gladius. Riding in the rain earlier in the week and her FI light came on and it Seemed down on power,

I've finally gotten to looking at it and when turning the ignition on and the pump is priming it runs continually unlike before..

I've tried locating the dealer mode connector but the one that fits the description and pictures on here has only got 3 wires connected all along one side. Is that the right connector and if so where do I poke my tool?

FOR ANYONE LOOKING AT THIS THREAD LOOKING FOR THE CONNECTOR AS I WAS.

It is located on the right hand side as you sit on the bike.
Remove the seat and then the side Cowell this removes using a pop clip under the pillion area of the seat and the two larger 4mm Allen bolts nearer the front of the fairing.

It is sat near the rubber grommet that the side fairing pops into.
The white one with two black points in my picture, this is a cover that un-clips revealing the pins.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by smiley125; 02-07-16 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-07-16, 12:26 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Sfv gladius dealer mode, possible pump fault?

that looks like a tilt switch to me. if its rain related then i would start with the front spark plugs. you have the correct type of plug in that pic but its not the right one, the dealer plug will have a rubber cover on it.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 02:32 PM   #3
smiley125

Well after a bit more hunting I found it. Alas no stored faults and when I started it and took it out everything functioned as normal.

So I'll take it out a few more times before she gets back, you know for diagnostic purposes and see if it returns..

Cheers for the help, i did have a quick look at the front plug and it seemed fine.

Last edited by smiley125; 02-07-16 at 02:39 PM.
Old 25-02-18, 01:11 PM   #4
fumbles22

I know i'm resurrecting an old thread, but thanks for this!

I had trouble finding where mine was, and this saved me a lot of time.