SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 01-05-08, 09:26 AM   #1
Jackhammer

Default Eyeball @ Cadwell 30th April

Eyeball from Hottrax Training Day at Cadwell Park on the 30th April - Bronzy(ish) Pointy SV in the Advanced Group - Was this an Orger

If so how'd u find it (aside from wet of course)

Mike
Old 10-05-08, 11:39 AM   #2
monkey

Default Re: Eyeball @ Cadwell 30th April

Mike give us a full report of the day!
Old 12-05-08, 12:45 PM   #3
Jackhammer

The track up at Cadwell is fantastic - much more interesting that Silverstone and more technically challenging ... its hilly, Narrow, twisty, blind corners get the adrenaline rushing around your body a whole lot more I'd say - so well worth making a pilgrimage

The hottrax rider instruction day was pretty damn good i would say - i think you have to want to make the most of it - if you just let the day flow along without really asking too many questions of your instructor then they wont offer much more information that is required - however I kept asking him questions and and badgering him for tips and tricks and advise on stuff and as a result got a lot of really good information out of him ...

The class room sessions were much of a muchness but it was the novice group after all - not much else to say about those ... The rider sessions were all leapfrog sessions so we followed the instructor for a lap and then the first in line behind him leapfrogged to the front so he could observe and then the lead rider falls to the back of the line and the P3 rider passes both the Rider and the Instructor to take the lead and the instructor falls in behind into P2 again to observe the next chap - so on and so forth - was good - it was all quite controlled - not just an open track - but it was done at a pace that give u plenty of time to think about what you are doing on the bike - ur position on the track on the bike, etc, etc.. !

The rain did its best to dampen our spirits and in the last session of the day which was a free-for all and not instructor lead, saw almost everyone except me and Andy (mate with the gixer thou @ Silverstone that u me) being the only 2 riders on track for 20 mins or so - what a fabulous experience !!!! Cadwell Park to ourselves

the pics are up on the same site as the Silverstone ones ...

http://www.britishsportphotography.c..._itemId=783458

so all in all - well worth the trip
Old 12-05-08, 01:00 PM   #4
G
Mega Poster

Did I describe it well and do it justice when I described it a month ago.......bloody amazing place.
Old 12-05-08, 01:23 PM   #5
Jackhammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by graemepaterson View Post
Did I describe it well and do it justice when I described it a month ago.......bloody amazing place.
you sure as hell did - can't wait to go back - but on a trackday next-time and not an instructor lead bimble - and when it ISN@T Damn well raining !!!!! LOL
Old 12-05-08, 01:58 PM   #6
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
you sure as hell did - can't wait to go back - but on a trackday next-time and not an instructor lead bimble - and when it ISN@T Damn well raining !!!!! LOL

Have you booked to go again? What date if so I need to do another day soon.
Old 13-05-08, 08:01 AM   #7
Jackhammer

Not booked to go to Cadwell again anytime soon - money and time are the issue - most track days appear to be during the week and i am fast running out of holiday for '08

if any come up though i'll be sure to give your good self a nod and a few others who i know will have itchy wrists
Old 13-05-08, 05:32 PM   #8
monkey

Me me me! My gang's list for the next few months has gone TU big time. There's a Rockingham one coming up that I'm considering.
Old 14-05-08, 09:18 AM   #9
Jackhammer

am booked in at rockingham for the 15th July - a mates stag do - all welcome of course as it is a public event after all - would be great to see you there Darren