SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-09-21, 01:42 PM   #10031
Craig380
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Whitchurch seems to be one of those microclimate places where forecasts often don't seem to apply. I've been caught out there when the forecast was dry & sunny the whole day. It was literally a black rain cloud a couple of miles across hanging over the town: the rain was like stepping into a shower cubicle on one side, and emerging from the cubicle on the other.

The same's happened to me around Northwich as well, must be something about those towns on the Cheshire / Shropshire plains.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-21, 03:24 PM   #10032
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Whitchurch seems to be one of those microclimate places where forecasts often don't seem to apply. I've been caught out there when the forecast was dry & sunny the whole day. It was literally a black rain cloud a couple of miles across hanging over the town: the rain was like stepping into a shower cubicle on one side, and emerging from the cubicle on the other.

The same's happened to me around Northwich as well, must be something about those towns on the Cheshire / Shropshire plains.
That was exactly the case today. I went out again this afternoon, south this time to Much Wenlock and got caught in another light shower!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 29-09-21, 08:44 PM   #10033
timwilky
Mega Poster

Downside of having a poorly missus.

House refurb underway. So halls/stair landing stripped out big style, No skirting/architrave radiators gone. Howling gale through gaps in floor where skirting was.

Plasterer came to give quote 3 weeks ago, weekly reminder that we have not received it. Today he says he will do it this weekend but is fully booked until mid November.

Wife is complaining of cold despite thermals, gas fire on etc. I now need to buy/fit the replacement radiators to remove when the plasterer finally turns up.

Me still in T shirt, but did put on a wooly jumper for an hour this morning until the sun came up.
Old 29-09-21, 09:55 PM   #10034
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
Here here!
Brexit has happened and there is nothing that can change that now, as the people voted for it, whether by fair means or fowl (depends on your point of view), but it's done now. So can we all just park it and finally move forward please? I'm just damned sick of the moaning and bitching from both sides of he fence.
I think you are probably right ,this isn't the place to squabble about Brexit.
Best to leave it with your summing up.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-21, 09:58 PM   #10035
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethariel View Post
Lol, just got round to not having the windows open 24/7. close them up about bed time.

Yes it's getting 'not as warm as it was' but it's fine for me
Just the same here, slept with the bedroom window closed last night for the first time in months (but that's the seasons !)
Old 30-09-21, 10:11 AM   #10036
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Downside of having a poorly missus.

House refurb underway. So halls/stair landing stripped out big style, No skirting/architrave radiators gone. Howling gale through gaps in floor where skirting was.

Plasterer came to give quote 3 weeks ago, weekly reminder that we have not received it. Today he says he will do it this weekend but is fully booked until mid November.

Wife is complaining of cold despite thermals, gas fire on etc. I now need to buy/fit the replacement radiators to remove when the plasterer finally turns up.

Me still in T shirt, but did put on a wooly jumper for an hour this morning until the sun came up.
I've no roof on at the moment - feeling it!

Can you fille the gaps with thermal sealant or construction foam until you're ready?
Old 01-10-21, 11:38 AM   #10037
svenrico

In my local paper, a professor and doctor is saying 'the way patients see doctors will never be the same again and that is a good thing - we could never continue seeing all our patients face to face. '
He says 'we weren't happy with general practice before the pandemic and were demanding change.'

I don't think not being able to see the doctor face to face was the change people wanted !
Old 01-10-21, 11:49 AM   #10038
DJ123
Mega Poster

GP's have been useless for years. Mine are never on time (usually at least 10-15 minutes late) for appointments, which makes it a nightmare when having to get one during work hours or even at lunch.
And when you do get in there, you have to push for something extra to be done for the tests, x-ray, physio you need. Rather than get handed some pills to walk out the door with . . . .
Next time I would pay to go private and get seen in a timely manner, and get the right outcome than have to wait weeks to get an appointment, and a disappointing outcome. Thankfully i have private healthcare through work and would do anything through them instead and avoid the NHS queues.

My Gripe is the media pretending they've not made the Petrol fiasco worse and the Government saying things are *ok* (not 100%, but mostly good) - yet multiple forecourts are still dry, and not receiving full deliveries/normal fill ups.
I know it is worse in the South East/London area, where the is a high percentage of clowns, selfish morons & SUV's.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 11:57 AM   #10039
admin
John T
Mega Poster

It's probably me but I can't watch any sport on TV without my finger over the mute button. The reason is screaming commentators. It seems way over the top these days. A good example is the guy who's taken over from Ben Edwards on ch4 F1. Ben was fine, as was Martin Brundle and Murray Walker. It's probably Just me as I'm a fully qualified Grump Old Man.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-21, 12:31 PM   #10040
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
It's probably me but I can't watch any sport on TV without my finger over the mute button. The reason is screaming commentators. It seems way over the top these days. A good example is the guy who's taken over from Ben Edwards on ch4 F1. Ben was fine, as was Martin Brundle and Murray Walker. It's probably Just me as I'm a fully qualified Grump Old Man.

Same for me with MotoGP commentators, BSB folks much better.

Never watched F1 for years, normally a procession except when Hamilton decides to take a championship rival out......

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote