SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-07-05, 08:57 PM   #1
Muzzy

Default Where do i stand with getting a tinted visor ????

I have just bought a new Shoei helmet and would really like to put a dark tinted visor on it. i know they are not road legal but i see people with them daily.

do the police really pay attention ??
Old 22-07-05, 09:01 PM   #2
mudge32

Personally speaking....nope, but then again I always carry a clear one, just in case
Old 22-07-05, 09:05 PM   #3
Muzzy

Also is there a fine for wearing one or do you just have to change visors?
Old 23-07-05, 01:11 AM   #4
quikstu

There is a £30 fine for wearing one. I'd like to think that if you were riding sensibly & your bike was 100% legal that the cops would let it go.
This is of course during daylight hours.
Old 23-07-05, 09:59 AM   #5
Mariner

I've been using tinted/iridium visors for years now, you can in theory be fined, but I've been stopped plenty of times for other matters and they've never questioned the matter of a dark visor. Small number plates, loud cans and speeding are of more concern to the Police.
How many people here have actually been fined? You'll here the line "well my mate..............." But how many have actually been fined, and what else were you up to at the time?
Old 24-07-05, 07:49 AM   #6
Muttley

This morning I was riding into work with my blue iridium visor on. Ended up sitting next to 8 bike coppers at some traffic lights. Me with baffle out of endcan and blue visor. Nods were exchanged with a couple of them, lights changed and we all went on your way at 50 in a 30.

As long as it's not ****ing down with rain or dark out you should be okay, but make sure you carry a clear one with you if there is a chance the light conditions will change.