SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-12-05, 06:03 AM   #1
Les

Default Handguards, etc.

Hello all. It's been a while since my last post but I do view the forums almost daily. Anyway...I'm looking at the option of some sort of handguard type arrangement for my naked K3. I think that this might be a suitable idea for protecting my hands from the wind blast on those longer trips. I've seen this sort of thing on Buells and was wondering if these were available aftermarket. Hope so...thanks to anybody who can help.
Old 02-12-05, 07:58 AM   #2
Anonymous

Your best bet possibly is to order up a set of OEM V-Strom handguards as I would reckon they have the best bet for the mouts fitting. Perhaps if you can look at a Strom?

Acerbis etc do handguards, and the more rally oriented (rather than bark buster ones) come with some add ons for wind-deflectors. Trouble is it can be hard too find which ones will fit.

Having said that I reckon Ive seen a pic of one with guards, perhaps trawl the pics in the main site gallery. I bet someone on svrider.com has done it.

The strom route might be the best start point.
Old 02-12-05, 08:10 AM   #3
BigDog

Handlebar muffs are only £14 on ebay. Or are they not what you fancy?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BAR-MUFFS-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02-12-05, 02:11 PM   #4
drumwrecker

I was about to ask the same question. I was given some old muffs but find they are not big enough i.e. the distance from the end of the handle bar to a point to tie up the muff is too long for the muffs to fit.
The friend who gave them to me has just fitted some home made muffs to his brand spanking new KTM 950 Adventurer. He made them out of raquet covers and look OK.
So I'm thinking down that line too and also wondering what size plastic container can be cut about to fit as an alternative.
Amazing isn't it that looks can take second place to keeping warm.