SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-01-15, 04:18 PM   #1
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Default where has pt6 been?

Hiya guys,

sorry not been around much over the last 12 months or so.. mixture of things have slowly turned me off and away from biking (60mph pheasant to the face, holding a friends head on the moors as the helicopter meds put a neck brace and spine board on him, nearly getting wiped out by an ambulance blazing through a red light with no sirens on, big slide on mud and slurry at about 60mph - managed to keep it!).. So I've not been riding much and going to sell the bikes come spring. I've had 7 good years of biking and only one or two little incidents but I'm getting old and don't bounce like I used to. (2002 Fazer 1000 and 2004 ZX9R will be for sale on here come March/April time).

Also work has been a funny one, I went from self employed doing conferences and events to 6 months working with a bigger firm who do conferences, gala dinners, product launches and all sorts of fancy show biz stuff. But after working 300 hours in november (did 50 hours on duty between noon on a wednesday and finished at half midnight on the friday night) all with no overtime and zero understanding from the management that I was having a hard time with it all mentally - I had a bit of a meltdown at the start of December and quit my job.

It took the best part of 4 weeks for the anxiety and panic attacks to shift but I'm pretty much me again now. I realised I can fail at doing something I don't care about so why not try at doing something I absolutely love.

So January 2015...... I've invested a small fortune in videography gear (glidetrack, glide cam, crane, tripods, a camera which can shoot 4K video, various lenses, Apple Motion and Final Cut Pro X) and decided to go freelance offering professional video production for businesses, brides and basically anyone else who requires video producing. I'll never be rich but video work doesn't half make me get all giddy and excited, so at the very least I'll be happy lots of stuff lined up for this year.

Obviously we're only just on the verge of coming out of recession and starting a new venture takes a lot of drive, effort and good luck, so if you're on Facebook feel free to give me a like and keep up to date with how it's all going.

www.facebook.com/FlapjackFilms
www.FlapjackFilms.co.uk

How is everyone on the mighty org doing? Hope you're all keeping well many of the long serving members still active on here?

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-15, 05:48 PM   #2
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: where has pt6 been?

When are you going to invite me up to drink rosé with you and Rob while we sing the Dirty Dancing soundtrack, except this time you can video it!
Old 29-01-15, 06:49 PM   #3
Bibio
Mega Poster

where has pt6 been?

in a galaxy far far away...

dont give up the bikes, i done that for 20 odd years and regretted every year of it. yes friends crash, hurt themselves and some die but why live your life in fear of the 'what if' when you can live life. we are not here for a long time so make sure its a good time.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-15, 06:58 PM   #4
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Yeah don't do it Paul. Not for a chav car

Do hope the business go's well. Can I get some of the special videos...

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-15, 07:02 PM   #5
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

If you need a touch of practice with the vids, you could pop up to GMV111
Old 29-01-15, 07:27 PM   #6
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Good luck with the new business venture. I know what that big step feels like and I don't regret it now that I'm up and running.

As for bikes I agree with the others. You'll regret it on nice days so think hard before you decide for sure.
Old 29-01-15, 07:28 PM   #7
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Good luck Squire,on what ever you decide.
Old 29-01-15, 08:15 PM   #8
maviczap
Mega Poster

Hey those hours you were doing were proper crazy, obviously your previous employer hadn't heard about the Working Time Directive. I'm glad you've given it up, and got your shizz back together, it very important to get you work/life balance right, and hopefully you're in a happier place because of it.

Give biking a break, but don't sell your bike.

Good luck with your new venture, at least its something you love doing
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-15, 09:40 PM   #9
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Oh sell the zx9 to me for penuts
Old 29-01-15, 10:30 PM   #10
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
When are you going to invite me up to drink rosé with you and Rob while we sing the Dirty Dancing soundtrack, except this time you can video it!

errrr, excuse me, but please don't leave me out! especially as I get my license back soonish supposedly

good luck with it all mate
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote