SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-02-15, 11:02 AM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default interlink parcel delivery

I am expecting a parcel. A new optimate as mine has mysteriously vanished????

I saw an interlink van outside my house with the rear door open. Oh it must be here, then the driver got out and drove off.

Check on line and it says he could not find my address. ffs. He was outside the house. I bet he could not find the parcel.

Grrrhhhh more days of no bike due to flat battery and no charger.
Old 10-02-15, 11:04 AM   #2
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: interlink parcel delivery

10 Feb 2015 10:55PrestonYour parcel could not be delivered as your Interlink Express driver could not find your address10 Feb 2015 09:10PrestonYour parcel will be with you today 10 Feb 2015 05:48PrestonYour parcel is with your nearest delivery depot in Bamber Bridge09 Feb 2015 22:13Hub 1 - BirminghamWe have your parcel, and it's on its way to your nearest depot in Bamber Bridge09 Feb 2015 18:11CambridgeWe have your parcel and it's on its way to you
Old 10-02-15, 02:35 PM   #3
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Taxi drivers can be as bad. Had one moan that he'd been up and down the road three times trying to find my house - he was less than chuffed when I pointed to the large house number sign that is clearly visible from the road...
Old 10-02-15, 03:05 PM   #4
timwilky
Mega Poster

hey hey, it was delivered this afternoon, a different driver who wouldn't admit the morning driver forgot to put it on his van. But did admit he doesn't come my way as part of his route.

So now back owning an optimate. Must make sure the wife locks the garage
Old 10-02-15, 04:30 PM   #5
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

We had similar before Xmas, they originally tried to deliver it to number 10, and then on 3 seperate occasions the driver couldn't find our house, it's 4 doors down from number 10 you morons!
Old 10-02-15, 04:31 PM   #6
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

It's alright Tim, I had the mighty, mighty UPS royally f**k me off the other week - new camera gear arriving on a wednesday for a shoot the following day. Specifically didn't book any jobs in so I could wait home for delivery as I've missed a UPS delivery before and they took it to the nearest depot - near Pudsey at the other side of Leeds 40 miles away.

weds, 05:35 - your parcel is on vehicle for delivery today
weds, 21:54 - we were unable to deliver your parcel as you were out

nothing. No van came near my house, no knock at the door, no nothing. Email, facebooked etc. everything I could. Had to cancel the following day shoot as I didn't have the equipment.

thurs: 05:58 - your parcel is on vehicle for delivery today
thurs: 14:25 - your parcel has been delivered and signed for by "WHEELIE BIN"

Yep... the driver who'd 'tried' to deliver the day before obviously decided that this time it was ok to leave the package by the bins as I was out (how come he didn't do that on day 1?)... Absolutely no problem, just £400 worth of equipment left up the drive by my wheelie bin.

I could have been that guy who claimed I never received the package as it had been stolen, but then in future it'd would be a 100% guaranteed 80 mile round trip to collect the package. SHlTE.

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-15, 04:48 PM   #7
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

I have used My Hermes, UPS and DPD and every one of them has been trouble. Recently I went back to using Royal Snail and had parcels delivered on next day delivery at the other end of the country.

I have not had issues with the drivers, but the fact that they are usually heavily over worked, have to run from the van to the door and then back again and have more deliveries on their van than they can realistically deliver does mess them up.

This is in my view the fault of the management. It does not justify terrible service by the driver though when they do pull a fast one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-15, 05:10 PM   #8
maviczap
Mega Poster

All very similar to experiences I've had with various companies, although my old City Link driver was very good.

It took ParcelFarce nearly a week to deliver a Special Delivery item 70 miles, which is pretty appalling for a premium service.

TNT win the gold medal for crap service
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-15, 06:12 PM   #9
embee
Mega Poster

Mostly good but just had the first parcel go missing in about 5yrs, fortunately the supplier is sending another by tracked delivery this time. Someone is probably disappointed with 3 Toyota oil filters.

Couple of weeks back I was in the kitchen when the door bell rang. Immediately walked the 15 feet down the hall to the front door to see the driver shut the door of his van ready to drive away having made the 40 feet down the drive in the same time. I managed to stop him driving away. They can move when they want to!
Old 15-02-15, 09:35 AM   #10
figaro

They're all as crap as each other. I've lost count of the times I've seen drivers pull up right outside my window, write a 'sorry I missed you' note and shove it through the letterbox without even attempting to deliver the parcel. Yodel are the worst of the worst, but some of their drivers will stop at nothing to get the parcel delivered. I had a knock on the door at 11.30 one night...