SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-05-09, 10:49 PM   #1
chompy

Default Finally!

i had an accident in november when i was on a roundabout and a lovely lady thought it would be good to carry on from the juntion straight into my path. I got a letter today saying they have admited liability, and with it a check to get my self a new lid while i wait for the compo money. they gave me the money for the bike a month or so after. just taken them this long to actually admit the liability

hopefully ill get compo through soon which wil see me throught the next few months while i wait to go into the RAF
Old 12-05-09, 11:05 PM   #2
jamesterror

Default Re: Finally!

always good to hear they took the liability for their actions, took long enough though.
jamesterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 11:07 PM   #3
chompy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesterror View Post
always good to hear they took the liability for their actions, took long enough though.
i know even when its a giveway they still tried to fight it and i had a witness. o and she drove off and her brother turned up on his supermoto just as i was sorting how to get the bike back. that was 45 mins after the accident
Old 12-05-09, 11:09 PM   #4
davepreston

stop right there buddy dont cash that cheque i had a mate that got something like that and it ended up he got nothing more they said we paid him he cashed the cheque that was or offer in full so make sure you know where you stand before doing anything
Old 12-05-09, 11:11 PM   #5
chompy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
stop right there buddy dont cash that cheque i had a mate that got something like that and it ended up he got nothing more they said we paid him he cashed the cheque that was or offer in full so make sure you know where you stand before doing anything
i havent cashed it yet, thanks for the heads up they said they were going to send through a check for my helmet a while ago. ill phone the insurance tomorrow and comfirm its this
Old 12-05-09, 11:25 PM   #6
davepreston

word it right
is this for just a replacement helmet or all my other expenses /loses
why are you sending it out in a seperate payment
what am i agreeing to if i accept and cash this check
if anything sounds even slightly off/ wierd about the answer reply thanks but no thanks i'll take the payment in full for everything at the same time, i know your short at the min but its not worth losing x thousand quid for a quick 300
Old 12-05-09, 11:29 PM   #7
chompy

Quote:
word it right
if anything sounds even slightly off/ wierd about the answer reply thanks but no thanks i'll take the payment in full for everything at the same time, i know your short at the min but its not worth losing x thousand quid for a quick 300
haha its not even 300£ its only £90 its a lazer ****ter i had because i used it to go pillion at first then did my test.

ill defently check it out tomorrow
Old 12-05-09, 11:33 PM   #8
chompy

Quote:
word it right
also ill have a chat with my dad tomorrow because i cant remeber if he asked for this to be sent out so that i could get a new lid. in the letter i recieved from my insurance it had this check attached but no infor about it but in the letter it said.(not word for word) the other insurance have admited liability and we are now waiting on info/ offer for compensation (think it might have said losses as well). i dont know where the letter is because its been filed away at them moment
Old 12-05-09, 11:36 PM   #9
davepreston

direct questions get direct answers if they sing the right song buy it if not wait it out
good luck with the rest of it
Old 13-05-09, 01:45 AM   #10
Jamiebridges123

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
i had an accident in november when i was on a roundabout and a lovely lady thought it would be good to carry on from the juntion straight into my path. I got a letter today saying they have admited liability, and with it a check to get my self a new lid while i wait for the compo money. they gave me the money for the bike a month or so after. just taken them this long to actually admit the liability

hopefully ill get compo through soon which wil see me throught the next few months while i wait to go into the RAF
Well done mate! Result