Originally Posted by robh539 View Post
DMC KO'ing a Binkys half built tent.

Wideboy!!

many more things
i wasnt that bad was i?

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
I remember everything up to the point of the tent pole knocking me to the floor

Friday night sitting outside the hotel entrance, wideboy getting slapped on the forehead by a few people and a random bloke telling DMC to fook off
Stacey looking scared to death when sat by wideboy

It was a good weekend and one i'll not forget in a long time.
yeah i did say my apologies ... not to DMC tho the *****

everyday was an awesome day and meeting lots of awesome people, made the mistake of drinking the post ride friday night (i seem to say that alot) but it was all brilliant and fun times. loots of cool people met ..... muhco fun times!

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-10, 06:44 PM   #62
Lozzo

Default Re: AR 10 - Your memories ?

My strongest memory - BBC pointing out just how nippy it was on Sunday morning.
Old 09-08-10, 07:10 PM   #63
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
My strongest memory - BBC pointing out just how nippy it was on Sunday morning.
She's like that EVERY AR. You need to attend more.
Old 09-08-10, 07:27 PM   #64
MrsT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
Oh and Mrs 24/7 - looking so so nervous before the ride started then catching her at lunchtime with a HUGE grin on her face!!
Absolutely - she was fab - well done my lover - and thanks for such a great time - love ya.
Was great to meet new peeps and spend more time with the lovely friends we made last year too.
The ride was amazing - so much beautiful scenery - the best yet as pillion. I loved 1000 sheep road.
RichT pointing out that we were going xxx mph - what a buzz - then a few mins later when he pointed out we were going xxx +4 - I felt the smile growing on my face the faster we were going!!
Having a huge snuggle with squirrel last night - my new hot water bottle.
All the beautiful dogs that joined us.
Well done Cheryl and everyone who helped make this such an amazing weekend - It was FANTASTIC!
Old 09-08-10, 07:27 PM   #65
Stig

Okay. For me it was the whole thing. From the never ending anticipation of the event itself. Thought it was never going to arrive and next thing I know its the evening before. Starting off with Foxy and watching how much she was shaking. I thought it was nerves but it was excitement. How awesome is that?

Meeting up with a few of the South West Surfers to ride up together. Thanks to Rich T for a wonderfully organized ride. Even if we did forget about Beenz and leave the services before he arrived.

Arriving at the hotel and seeing the venue laid out in front of us. Wonderful.

Getting to meet all my old friends who I have not seen for far too long. Getting propositioned by Bear several times throughout the weekend. Drunk and sober. Meeting the people behind the forum names. Tim Wilky, Dicky Ticker and little pea head especially, really enjoyed your company and the conversation. I spoke to so many new people and can barely remember who all of them were. I wanted to make sure I met more people than I have in the past and I did that.

The fourth leg of the ride. Being at the front with Stretchie the pace was awesome and those bends at speed were amazing. Loved it.

But for me the best memory will be with the time I spent with Foxy. Our first AR together and it was amazing. We took a very long way home and stopped off in Ross-on-Wye for lunch.

The riding with a big group has done wonders for her riding confidence and the ride home was brilliant.

Thanks to everyone.
Old 09-08-10, 08:11 PM   #66
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Mr LPH has said it's about time he joined the Org. but he's refusing to sign up as Mr LPH so he needs a Pea related name - any suggestions?
Poddington

Memories....hmmmm....

The ride, the people, the laughs

The dogs

The DAKAR

Returning Electro's wallet to him, definitely a good deed for the weekend

My inability to eat food on Saturday without getting it on some part of my clothing be it egg/mayonnaise/tea/chocolate, gah!

Iffy's snoring, definitely memorable....

Bear highlighting important points in Cheryl's speech on the saturday night..by groping Shelly doggystyle :P

Some bloke playing snooker who repeatedly poked me with his cue (definitely not in a good way), how rude!

And just the weekend in general, what a bunch of great people you all are, it's always a pleasure
Old 09-08-10, 08:56 PM   #67
monkey

The riding done it for me this year. The route was the dogs danglies and the way home was equally as good. Britain HAS got some good roads!
Old 09-08-10, 09:05 PM   #68
FG1

^ what he said.
I think my cornering skills have got better thanks to the weekend and the ride home....
Old 09-08-10, 09:10 PM   #69
hongman

+1, my cornering has definately improved!
Old 09-08-10, 09:38 PM   #70
Cazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattSV View Post
Quiff getting beaten on the pool table.

Twice.

By a girl..
Poor Quiff .

Thank you to you, mattSV, and the other 200 people who so kindly stepped in to put my tent up for me when I had no clue where to start.

Thanks to all those involved in sorting the ride - the route, the leading, the marking, the TECing. Plus a big thank you to GG for overseeing all of the organising and finding the venue etc.

I had a great time - amazing roads, lovely people and lots and lots of motorbikes. Oh, and a drink or two.

Roll on AR11.