SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Moto GP Goto Moto GP Official Site

Old 23-07-11, 10:13 PM   #1
Stenno

Default Laguna MotoGP *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Great work by Lorenzo, consistently fast to take pole position! Almost choked when I looked away for a seocnd to see Spies in pole only for Lorenzo to take it back almost instantly. Good work by Stoner and Crutchlow finally found something in the tank to at least finish ahead of Edwards. Should be a good race!
Old 23-07-11, 11:28 PM   #2
MisterTommyH

Default Re: Laguna MotoGP *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Think Jorge must have been high on pain-killers or something.
MisterTommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-11, 06:38 AM   #3
dill89

Apparently after his FP3 crash he was worried because for the first few seconds he couldn't feel his legs. To come back and dominate qualifying? Well done to him. Sort memory is your best friend in motorbike racing
Old 24-07-11, 03:22 PM   #4
The Basket

Love Laguna. My Favourite track.

Its always special.
Old 24-07-11, 10:28 PM   #5
The Basket

****boring****:

Stoner's pass on Lorenzo was truly astonishing.

Track looked stunning. Race was poop.
Old 25-07-11, 09:23 AM   #6
Pedrosa

Apart from the magnificent three front runners, The Basket is right, not very inspiring at all. How on earth did Casey pull out such a lead after taking over Jorge with just 6 laps to go?Astonishing.
Old 25-07-11, 01:03 PM   #7
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Looks as if Lorenzo has eased off knowing that 2nd was as good as he was going to get. Understandable after bouncing himself so nicely the other day. Don't like his arrogance but I do respect his steel and riding.

I'm hoping that Stoner has actually learnt from his tyre issues in the last few races and is now taking it easy on them at the start of the race to be able to come through later.

On a slightly different note what did people make of Nicky Hayden's reaction to Rossi after the race, I've only seen it once but I'm sure he was reacting like, yeah yeah what ever mate, what an A-hole as he turned away, hmm. Everything is well in the Ducati camp.

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )

Last edited by carelesschucca; 25-07-11 at 01:46 PM.
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-11, 03:23 PM   #8
Pedrosa

It may have been what he felt contractrally obliged to say, but Valentino spoke to Spanish TV pre race sat mid corkscrew in shorts showing off surprisingly scabby legs.

Ducati he said have top people working flat out, but the steps forward that are needed are unlikely to happen this season.

Between the lines then we read that no matter what they do they can't get that front end sorted, the parts bin has been bottomed out in attempts to do so.

The emphasis is then on next year's bike I reckon. Who would bet against Ducati hitting the ground running just like they did in 2007 with the switch to 800cc?
Old 25-07-11, 03:34 PM   #9
Pedrosa

BTW, completely off topic but, did anyone see Randy de Puniet brolly/girlfriend? My oh my she is STUNNING! Probably a perk of being sponsored by Playboy I guess.
Old 25-07-11, 06:29 PM   #10
The Basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrosa View Post
BTW, completely off topic but, did anyone see Randy de Puniet brolly/girlfriend? My oh my she is STUNNING! Probably a perk of being sponsored by Playboy I guess.
she most certainly is.

The Hayden thing is interesting. He was a race winner at Laguna 2005 and 2006 and now he is making up the numbers. No wonder he is choked. I dont wanna look to deep into a split second camera time but i do wonder whether there was race orders not to overtake Rossi. It looked to me if Hayden had the speed to do so.