SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-10-15, 02:09 PM   #11
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Default Re: MotoGP - contains spoilers.

I had a look at the offical results sheets as I run a wee MotoGP dreamteam in work. Its shows riders average speeds through the race... Strangely enough Marc Marquez has almost got the lowest. Dunno if thats to do with the crash or down to the fact he was trying to screw someone over...

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-15, 02:20 PM   #12
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

That press conference on Thursday and Rossi made a rod for his own back.

He lost the rag in the race and has paid the consequences for the next race.

Dissapointed TBH. He has enough savvy to nerf somebody without making it so bloody obvious! Basic stuff!
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-15, 02:23 PM   #13
Amadeus

Default MotoGP - contains spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca View Post
Dunno if thats to do with the crash or down to the fact he was trying to screw someone over...

Do you really think he was? And just that race or the previous one as well?
Old 26-10-15, 03:23 PM   #14
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

I find it very strange that in the previous race he was sitting well behind Lorenzo and was dicing and tangling with Rossi until the very last moments when he did the fastest lap of the race and caught up remarkably quickly and passed Lorenzo. Just look at the gap he made up... I find it very strange.

Old 26-10-15, 03:48 PM   #15
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Before I get accused of being biased. I am a huge fan of Marc Marquez I think his talent on a bike is second to none. I'd also hope that my current feelings are wrong.

For me there's only one rider out of the top four that hasn't been tarnished by this in some way and thats Dani.

Dorna and the FIM have done brilliantly though. They could have taken the points off Rossi, finishing the title. Doing it this way they've set up the chance for an amazing finish. The viewing figures will be massive round the world.

Old 26-10-15, 04:17 PM   #16
Amadeus

It's gonna have to be quite some event for him to be able to win. I don't question Rossi's ability to get up to 4th which pretty much means Lorenzo has to win. Now Rossi has burned so many bridges, I doubt he'll be able to get psat 4th. Would be remarkable if he wins the championship now.
Old 26-10-15, 04:27 PM   #17
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Go Rossi fingers crossed for him.

But yes he did spit the dummy.
But it's not without provercation
Old 26-10-15, 07:04 PM   #18
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Work it out for yourselves.

Dani and Marquez get the drop at the start, followed by Rossi who paces them. Lorenzo recovers from his start, catches and passes Rossi who is still sitting behind Marquez.

Marquez then makes a "mistake" and Lorenzo passes easily. Rossi then has to work like mad to pass Marquez whilst watching Lorenzo and Dani, with whom he had been holding station until then, slowly pull away. Rossi eventually passes Marquez really cleanly and starts to pull in Lorenzo, Marquez suddenly finds some pace, keeps up with Rossi and then several laps of excitement begin as he mixes it with Rossi at every opportunity and the pair of them drop back from Lorenzo and Dani. Watch the race again and see just how often when Marquez was right in the middle of a fast bend Rossi would suddenly close with him and either have to roll off or change line. On a couple of the onboard clips it"s really obvious what was going on.

Then look at the last move Marquez pulled on Rossi, the one immediately before the final incident. He chopped his front wheel across a kerb at something like 130mph....
Rossi lost his rag and he shouldn't have been so obvious, but on the other hand Marquez jolly well deserved it!
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-15, 07:18 PM   #19
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

How big a cheer will there be if Lorenzo bins it first lap trying to get past on of the Ducati's, you can see CrazyJoe taking him out...

Old 26-10-15, 08:43 PM   #20
Red Herring
Mega Poster

I hope Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Marquez qualify on the front row at Valencia so they can clear off together and have a huge dice in front of their home crowd. They'll all want the win so that bit should be good fun.

Meanwhile Rossi is going to do what he does best, spend the weekend setting up his bike for race pace and then working his way through the field until he's sitting in a nice comfortable 4th.

The icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned is if Marquez and Lorenzo take each other out fighting over second place, because i think the one Spanish gentleman in the paddock, Pedrosa, is going to show them the way!
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote