SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2009 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2009 SV650.org's annual rideout

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-08, 01:13 AM   #81
Foxy

Default Re: The venue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Well, if I can make the AR, you have to attend the NW rideout after the AR, whatever number it is (10 at least hopefully )

OOO,I went out with someone from Bury St. Edmunds. Great set of.... ahem assets. I'll make sure I'm near the front of the group to point her out if we go anywhere near.
Who was it, might know her? I am from Bury St Edmunds albeit live near Bath now, great place .

Old 04-12-08, 07:36 AM   #82
aarond

well quick route plan 555.0 miles taking 11 hr 12 min ,

Actually that may be true as will probably have to fill up with petrol 7 times on that journey! Hope to still be there though!

Old 04-12-08, 07:52 AM   #83
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad53ggz View Post
well quick route plan 555.0 miles taking 11 hr 12 min
Looks like the Aberdeen contingent will have to overnight in Glasgow and get p*ssed then. You can camp in the back garden and even use the bathroom if you wipe your feet. Sorted!

Old 04-12-08, 08:28 AM   #84
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyinleather View Post
Who was it, might know her? I am from Bury St Edmunds albeit live near Bath now, great place .
A mate said he was going to Bury St Edmunds, I told him I didn't know the old bugger was dead.

Old 04-12-08, 08:30 AM   #85
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seggons View Post
There's speed limits on the B660... Cannot say I've noticed them.
I'm in the ickle village of Tempsford.
My landlady lives there, she's got a Rangie and a Morgan with V8 *** private plates, nice lady. Her husband is a biker too.

Old 04-12-08, 08:32 AM   #86
Lozzo

Quote:

OOO,I went out with someone from Bury St. Edmunds. Great set of.... ahem assets.
Funny how us blokes never forget a good set of wabs, even if that's not our favourite thing about them.

Old 04-12-08, 08:34 AM   #87
Sean_C

Seggons, do you know Dave with a zx9r and his misses with a 7r? He taught me to ride.

Lozzo, don't worry, I plan the corners and overtaking just fine- the first time I did it was frustrating though, as I was an inexperienced noob.

Old 04-12-08, 09:23 AM   #88
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Well, if I can make the AR, you have to attend the NW rideout after the AR, whatever number it is (10 at least hopefully )
I'll do my best - all depends on a pass from SWMBO!
Old 04-12-08, 09:44 AM   #89
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad53ggz View Post
well quick route plan 555.0 miles taking 11 hr 12 min ,

Actually that may be true as will probably have to fill up with petrol 7 times on that journey! Hope to still be there though!

7 times? I dunno, i think you can get away with three stops...an SV will do 150 miles if you are not thrashing (steady with the throttle, use the engine wisely etc), so you can do three stops:

150 miles, stop, 150 miles, stop, 150 miles, stop, 150 miles, arrive and have a beer

Old 04-12-08, 10:10 AM   #90
maviczap
Mega Poster

Work and family commitments allowing, I'll be there. I might even be on my hols up there.
If your base is Bury St Edmunds then the A1088 is good. Pretty quiet and interesting roads. Doesn't seem logical to head east out of Bury, but it's a better road than the A134. Plus you get to go through Norton!

Follow the 1088 until Thetford and head to Swaffham. Then you can go west to Kings Lynn and pick up the coast road, or North and head to Hunstanton or Holkham.

Plenty of nice places to stop and get grub Wells next to the Sea, Cromer, Sheringham, Hunstanton.

The coast road will be busy-ish but if you're not in a hurry it won't be too bad. Plenty of bikers out on a Sunday use it. But so are the speed camera Police.

Avoid the A11 & A143. I don't think you've planned to go as far east as the A140, but avoid this, worst road in the East Anglia. 50mph from the A14 to Norwich, except for the Diss by pass, which is the only dual carriage way. It will be very busy, whatever time of year.
Closed Thread