SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-06-08, 08:13 AM   #1
66wilson

Default Race Fairing Brackets?

Have managed to pick up a set of race fairings for my curvy, but am now trying to find the brackets to fit it. Hopefully the picture shows clearly enough what type of fairing it is but if not let me know and I'll take some more, wondered if anyone had an unwanted front subframe/support? or if a stock 's' model fairing support can be altered to fit and will I have to move the clocks? any info greatly appreciated?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1159_1.jpg (10.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by 66wilson; 10-06-08 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Add more detail
Old 10-06-08, 12:43 PM   #2
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Re: Race Fairing Brackets?

B&Q sell fairing brackets. Well, they sell 25mm alloy strip, drill bits and hacksaws
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 06:23 PM   #3
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
B&Q sell fairing brackets. Well, they sell 25mm alloy strip, drill bits and hacksaws
+ 1, this is the way to go as the bodywork wasn't designed for the SV as it is a universal fit.
Old 10-06-08, 09:08 PM   #4
sv650k4

yip i make any brakets i need at all my self so dont be worrying about nocking a few up alot of bikes will have the same sort of thing!

Old 11-06-08, 08:28 AM   #5
66wilson

That's my plan for the side brackets but just thought something a bit more substantial might be needed for the top fairing, and seen as pretty common fairing thought a retired mini-twin racer might have a nice alloy one gathering dust but if not will fashion something, doesn't need to be pretty, will probably bend it soon anyway!
Old 11-06-08, 09:50 AM   #6
sv650k4

can the standard front fairing braket not be used on the curvy for race fairings?
Old 11-06-08, 09:54 AM   #7
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv650k4 View Post
can the standard front fairing braket not be used on the curvy for race fairings?
I have with this type of fairing before, if required just make an alloy bracket coming off of the OEM front subframe to attach to the bodywork.

Speak to JHS Racing as they might have some front subframes for this type of fairing, looks like the one they use to on Curvy's too.