SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 30-08-09, 01:37 PM   #1
Mr_Chin

Default K4 onwards Lower Fairing Brackets

Very, very stupid request, but has anyone got a full set of K4+ lower fairing brackets for sale? I managed to get some YC2 lower fairings for £50, BIN, off egay , and now need a bracket kit. Awaiting, in hope, for a response. Cheers, Chin
Old 30-08-09, 07:17 PM   #2
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Default Re: K4 onwards Lower Fairing Brackets

Good luck, I've been looking for some for a long time!!

May be worth making your own if your so inclined!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-09, 08:23 PM   #3
kwak zzr

as the saying goes "their as rare as hens teeth" watch ebay and prepare to bid high.
Old 30-08-09, 08:39 PM   #4
Mr_Chin

I'm competent enough to make my own TBH, so in all honesty, I just need the two circle cover plastics, which cover the engine mount bolts (the big holes in the fairing). I cannot for the life of me justify paying £114 plus postage for a full set of brackets. Most of the mounts look like easy enough to attach to the fairings, one to the upper cowl (no bracket needed here), one to the rad end, and one to the rear of the engine where my exisiting bellypan bracket is. So in all honesty, I just need to make a bracket from the rad ends?. Just thought I'd ask on a wim if anyone had some going, you never know? I might not even need the circle covers, as I have crash bungs, and think these would fit into the holes, as the lowers are the OEM Suzuki ones BTW. Thanks for the 'helpful' responses to my wish list
Chin
Old 30-08-09, 08:49 PM   #5
phil24_7
Mega Poster

R&G bungs replace the side brackets and black circle covers.

HTH

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
Old 30-08-09, 08:54 PM   #6
Mr_Chin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
R&G bungs replace the side brackets and black circle covers.

HTH
That, Mr phil24_7, does help. I don't need any brackets then (£114 better off too), as those holes were my main worry. I'll be making my own brackets then.

Cheers

Chin
Old 31-08-09, 12:27 PM   #7
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Anytime bud, glad I could help you save a little time/money!

Good luck with making the other brackets. Once you have, perhaps you could help a few of us other orgers out for suitable remuneration?!

Regards
Phil

Old 31-08-09, 01:32 PM   #8
Mr_Chin

Cheers Phil24_7, I've just had a good look at a set of fairing brackets online. The two rear bottom brackets are exactly the same as the ones that came with my OEM belly pan, which I'll use to attach the lowers. My crash bungs will hold the big centre fairing holes, one looks like it just attaches to the upper front cowl, and the last one will need a little U piece to attach to the radiator. Job done. Looks like there's no need for me to bend over for the £114 that Suzuki are asking for . Doesn't look like I'll be in the lower fairing brackets selling game any time soon - I just want mine attached - selfish? I know. I actually didn't want lower fairings, as I'd just bought an OEM Belly pan and I love the look of the Vee Two engine, but at £50 BIN, I just had to buy the lowers. Cheers Chin
Old 31-08-09, 02:23 PM   #9
phil24_7
Mega Poster

If I'd have seen them, I'd have bought them too. I love having spares!! lol

Old 01-09-09, 02:36 PM   #10
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

I made those U shaped brackets with some strip ally I had from B&Q (cost around a quid I think), using these dimensions...works a treat!

http://forums.sv650.org/showpost.php...30&postcount=9
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote