SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-10-08, 04:42 PM   #1
Daimo

Default Wooo, Bandito gets a 2nd home

Result

Every so often I have to take the work car out to branches to do some IT gubbins around the UK. Not bad, but it means I have to get a lift to and from work as I ride in every single day (WHATEVER weather ). GF has to get up much earlier, rely on work colleagues to get me home etc.

I need to do a few sites, so I pop in and ask the building manager if I could leave my bike in a fire escape under the stairs, because if it got stolen from outside, I’d be screwed on insurance. In a nice safe position, out of the way of any stampieding humans, but in the dry and with even a little window for her to stare out of.

So we pop out to have a look, "it’s a good idea, but here's a better one. All those storage rooms out the back, those brick built ones, little door, lots of security, cameras facing this way etc.. You can put it in there if you want."

So I undo all the bolts, check the bike, the handlebars have to go in slightly sideways, but its easy to get in. Once im in, I’ve got a full sized garage inside, all to myself.

So now I’ve not got to worry about getting lifts again. I just put the bike in my new shed/garage and lock it all up.

I am most pleased, it sorts me right out for when I go to branches. Almost as good as my previous jobs underground carpark, just not as shiny, and no rich posh cars around (but I prefer the spiders anyway, more interesting ), but the fact the bikes now safe, and dry in a building is a right result.

Muchos happy
Old 27-10-08, 05:10 PM   #2
Girth
Mega Poster

Default Re: Wooo, Bandito gets a 2nd home

Result!