SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 20-06-18, 07:34 PM   #5231
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I'll take a look in the chamber. Its not the end of the world as I shoot mostly at infinity anyway. Been up to much of still busy? I wonder if we still have any lurkers?
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-18, 08:16 PM   #5232
Kenzie

Is this any good Johnny? 273157432167
Old 20-06-18, 08:47 PM   #5233
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I'd give it a miss, I think mine has an f3.5 Novar but might be f4.5 but anyway it's 50% over the odds and who knows if the RF works and they just don't understand it, or if it's knackered. If you were after a 6x6 with a Novar lens then there would be better VFM in an Ikonta or really a Nettar, ignoring the RF, which is uncoupled anyway. I have got some good pics from mine, it was £30 all working (though now needs new bellows).
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-18, 08:58 PM   #5234
Kenzie

No worries. Got plenty to be getting on with anyway, plus the upcoming house move.
Old 21-06-18, 04:57 AM   #5235
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Have you got a date? We're off on hols next week, all inclusive resort in Turkey where, in a sort of retrograde evolutionary step, my daughter will become aquatic for a week.
Old 21-06-18, 06:02 AM   #5236
Kenzie

Not yet, the draft contract came through yesterday. Couple of spelling mistakes on the sellers names, so checking if this needs correcting. Where in Turkey are you headed? We went to Bodrum a few years ago, great views from the castle. Taking any film?
Old 21-06-18, 12:35 PM   #5237
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Belek, about 20mins east of Antalya, fancy resort called Regnum Caraya. Only taking phones this time, I have an old 5MP waterproof camera but we're just going to be knocking around the resort mainly and there is a new theme park next door. I prefer more of an exploring holiday but it's a bit less interesting for a 6 year old! Looks like it's going to be hot in the UK next week as well
Old 21-06-18, 12:39 PM   #5238
Kenzie

Not sure if they still do it, but we had to pay £10 cash for a visitor visa.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 21-06-18, 12:54 PM   #5239
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Yeah still the same, you can get them on line now, not that they ask any more questions than before, it's just a moneyspinner. I've been a fair few times in my last job, all you do is stand in a queue and hand your money over unless you already have a valid stamp (they last 90 days), they never turn anyone away!
Old 21-06-18, 08:02 PM   #5240
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Contessamat arrived, it's similar to the one I have. Shutter and timer work, RF looks good but linkage is a bit wobbly, meter is good, glass is good, case is just about as knackered as it could be. The only thing that would stop you shooting with it straight off is that it won't wind on. From a bit of investigation it's something between the winder and the shutter, maybe the double exposure prevention is stuck. I cokked the shutter from inside instead to try it out. This model doesn't have the (now redundant) feature where it adjusts the aperture based on distance if you are using a flash, a leftover from flash bulb days when there were no thyristors to cut off the light, but the aperture adjustment in manual mode is a lot easier than my other one, where you need to hold down a little button (like when you adjust the ISO ring).