SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 31-01-08, 09:09 AM   #1
SDMF

Default had a bit of an off

just thought id let you all know that i wont be riding for the next few weeks. was riding home from having been out for ride down to southhampton on sunday [27th] when we had got back to basingstoke i came off on a roundabout [hita patch of something slippery, managed to stay on, but then the bike got caught in a fairly deep rut. which fired me into the crash barrier. therefore i ended up in hospital. mate who was ridng behind me and saw everything stoped and rushd over [id hit the barrier and flipped over the central reservaion] a very nice lady came rusing over immeadiatly after too- calling an ambulance and telling me not to move. to cut a long story short ended up having both bones in right leg broke- below the knee and lost a fair amount of blood . had surgery sun night to have a pin hammered into the big bone, and surgery again yesterday to check it clean it and close the wound. other than that no other injuries. just hoping to get out of hospital soon. policeman who turned up were wel impressed with all the ridng gear- esp the back protector. hate to have knon what couldve been damagd without it.
Old 31-01-08, 09:11 AM   #2
Stig

Default Re: had a bit of an off

Where are you Which hospital Anything I can do Where is your bike Do you need help getting moved from A to B How can we contact you

Last edited by Stig; 31-01-08 at 09:13 AM.
Old 31-01-08, 09:17 AM   #3
SDMF

i will ride again at somepoint in the future. looking back at what happened there was othing much i could;ve really done about it. was riding stupidly, or dangerously only goin about 20mph on a fair sized roundabout, wasnt trying to get knee down or anthing. was just riding home from a good day out with a mate, and got caught out by a piece of appaling road surface oh well it couldve been worse though i guess
Old 31-01-08, 09:19 AM   #4
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
both bones in right leg broke- below the knee and lost a fair amount of blood........................a pin hammered into the big bone, and surgery again yesterday to check it clean it and close the wound. other than that no other injuries.
****ting hell. That's enough isn't it?

GWS fella.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-08, 09:33 AM   #5
SDMF

lol thanks. and pmd u si
Old 31-01-08, 09:47 AM   #6
tone64

Sorry to hear about your off, .....your leg may be broken but at least your sense of humour appears intact ........wish you all the best on your road to recovery....Hopefully without the slippery bits lol,
how is your 2 wheeled buddy.....
Old 31-01-08, 09:51 AM   #7
Bear

Christ bro! GWS
Old 31-01-08, 09:53 AM   #8
SDMF

lol, they were saying is was still intact on the sunday when i was in a&e. not really much point gettin all angry and wound up! as for the bike it's in storage somewhere, i think the police were dealing with that. tho the insurance should be sortin that now....
Old 31-01-08, 09:55 AM   #9
Dave The Rave

GWS mate.
Old 31-01-08, 09:56 AM   #10
Stig

You need to update your signature Get a grip.

You may have a visitor this afternoon, depending if I can be bothered.